Chapter 9

Today was the first day of school, and to say I was nervous was a understatement. I quickly did my hair in a French plait looking over my outfit in the body length mirror in my room.

I had on a white pleated skirt and soft pink off the shoulder top with cream wedge sandles.

My skirt was just above my knees so my mother wouldn't throw a fit about my clothing choice.

I checked the time in my clock that hung above my bed and saw that it was thirty-five minutes to eight and school started at eight-o-five.

After breakfast my mother and I were off to school and I caught a glimpse of Dustin's car zooming out his driveway.
My mother luckily didn't see that as she she looking for something in the floor.

The school was just down the by Blondie's and I made a mental note to go by on my walk from home.

"Right , enjoy the first day yeah. I'll see you tonight honey", my mother smiled as I got out the car.

"Bye mother", I forced a smile as the nerves suddenly kicked in.

The last time I was here , I had on a denim shorts. My mother would freak if she found out .

I stared at the entrance and took a breath.

I took a step towards the entrance , when suddenly a glimpse of long black hair came in my view .

There she stood on the steps that led up to the school talking with her friends and laughing.

My breathing picked up and I took several more breaths to calm down.

"You can do this , just walk pass her and you'll be okay ", I muttered to myself.

I took step after step but before I reached her a heavy arm slung over my shoulders and pulled me tightly to their side.

I whipped my head to look at the culprit , but they just pushed to keep walking and I smiled up at him.

When we passed Natalie and her without any problems I turned my body towards him and smiled shyly.

"Morning Mason", I said and he dropped his arm from shoulders.

Oh damn!

He must've remembered that I made an advance at him. Yes I like him  , but he didn't like me. He was attracted to beautiful , confident girls , like Natalie. I was just a plain Jane with a low self-esteem.

I suddenly felt stupid and turned towards the front and continued my walk to my locker . Mason followed silently behind me.

I made it to my locker and saw Mason exhaled tiredly.

God , I made him tired to.

"What's your first class , I'll walk you", he asked leaning against a random locker.

I memorised my schedule beforehand.

"Maths", I murmured quietly.

"I got maths too. Let's go", he said and gestured to me to follow him and I did.

We entered the class and he immediately shot forward to a empty desk that only had space for one student.

I looked around the class for a place to sit and there was one on the far corner of the class.

Nobody sat there, maybe because it was right under the aircon , but I had no other choice and quickly made my way over.

Just before class started the door opened and in three extremely pretty girls. Natalie being one of them.