Chapter 4

The days went by pretty quickly and before I knew it my mother barged in my room early Wednesday morning pulling open my blinds.

"Come on , you have to wake up. It's almost 9 and I have to go to the office", my mother said and stood before my bed.

"What does that have to do with me", I groaned rolling over.

"You have to go and get your school supplies and collect your schedule from the school", my mother said and walked out my room.

"Wait , mom what do you mean I have to get my schedule today , why don't I just get it on the first day", I asked following my mother down the stairs.

"I already discussed it your principal , just go get it and don't forget to get school supplies , I transferred money into your account it should be enough. I'll be home before supper ", my mother said and left .

I quickly hopped in the shower and decided on a simple high waisted jean shorts and white T-shirt. I wore white converse and made my hair in a low messy bun.

I googled the way to the nearest mall , but decided to rather take a uber to the school since I've decided to their first.

I arrived at the school and saw students gathering in the parking lot. It's seemed to break time. I quickly navigated my way towards the front entrance when I decided not to wing it and text Dustin.

Me - hey , it's Cassie. I need your help.

Dustin immediately read my text and typed back.

Dustin - hey what's wrong ?

Me - I'm at the school's front entrance and I'm pretty sure I'll get lost. I need to pick up my schedule.

Dustin - I'm on way then Princess.

I waited a while before I saw Dustin coming over with a bright smile on his face.

"Hey , thank you for helping me. I didn't know who else to text", I smiled when he reached me.

"No problem Princess", he said slinging his arm over my shoulders.

"Dustin , why are people staring", I asked looked at students who we passed. "Well can you blame them Princess. You're wearing a denim shorts", he chuckled.

I gasped.

"I completely forgot. Oh my word , what will people think of me now", I said looking down and playing with my fingers nervously. "Fuck what people think , I think you look cute", Dustin smiled .

"Than... Thank you", I blushed looking down.  "Here's the office , I'll wait right outside for you", he smiled. "Thank you", I said and walked further into the large room.

"Hello , you must be Cassie , your mother called ahead. Here's your schedule and layout of the school. We'll see you here on Monday", she smiled and went back to typing on her computer.

"Thank you", I smiled and turned to leave.

I found Dustin talking to the same guy I saw at Walmart.

Oh boy !

"Hey , Princess , meet my friend Mason. Mason meet Cassie , she and her mother moved here last week", Dustin smiled and gently pushed me forward when I quietly hid behind his giant form.

"Well , well if it isn't miss Walmart", motorcycle guy who I now know as Mason smirked.

"Miss Walmart", Dustin said confused looking between us. "Yeah , I saw her a few days ago at Walmart totally checking me out. Isn't that right Cassie", Mason smirked at me.