Chapter 24

But the time Mason got back last night I was already asleep but felt when he lifted the blankets to lay beside me. I immediately snuggled into his warmth.

My very own heater.

I've been at home for almost a hour and my mother and Rachel are making us a lunch , and by us I mean Mason, Dustin , Jackson and Emily . Amy was on a call with her parents in her room she was sleeping in across the hall.

Nobody said anything , I didn't know if Emily knows what really happened , because I was told by Mason, I was an informant of some sort for the FBI.

"Okay , this really awkward , I'm helping your mom downstairs", Emily suddenly exclaimed throwing her hands up.

I wish I could get out of this too Emily.

I forced a soft smile on my face but she obviously saw through it because before she leaves she gives me a quick hug.

I looked over at Mason and my chest ached for the stress he's been under the past couple of days. Emily had told me how he wasn't sleeping or even eating at all waiting for me to wake up.

I laid my head down trying to blink away the tears forming , it finally dawned on . I almost died , the ambulance almost couldn't revive me. I had stopped breathing for three minutes.

I sniffed and pulled the blankets tighter around me.

"I want to be left alone please ", I mumbled into my pillow.
A few seconds passed before I felt my bed lift and the bedroom open and room door close.

Thinking I was alone I let out a strangled scream in my pillow when a tattooed arm circled around my waist pulling me to their chest.

"I almost died Mason ", I said and started pulling at my hair.

It felt like my head was going to explode but I couldn't stop it.

"Noo , no Cassie stop it . You're okay now baby , everything is going to be okay ", Mason said and took both my hands in his and turned me to face him.

"You're not dead , and you're okay now", Mason whispered kissing my forehead.

I snuggled closer to him and rubbed my head against his chest.

"Don't leave please Masey ", I silently begged moving my arms around his torso.

"I'm not going anywhere Cassie ", Mason said and buried his head in my messy hair leaving a kiss there.

"So , you're telling me you were drug dealers " Amy squeaked. "That's awesome ", she said hopping on the couch beside Jackson who explained everything to her.

We were currently seated in the pool house having a sleepover.
Mason was still asleep in my room.
We fell asleep in each other's arms and it was cute watching him sleep. He had a cute pout and I couldn't help myself to take a picture for my lock screen.

"Yeah , our lives are that exciting ", Jackson chuckled shaking his head.

"That's no fair , Cassie and I lived a boring life but now I'm living a boring life alone", Amy pouted.

"Your mom said that she she'll be over at my house for a few hours and dinner is in the oven ", Dustin said placing the sleeping bags on the floor.

We all decided that we'll have a movie night and a bonding session to get to know Amy.

"I don't think Cassie is allowed to lay on the floor. She's been shot guys ", Emily stated.

"I'll just sleep on the couch, I'll still be here", I smiled and checked the time.
"I'm going to see Mason is awake ", I said and stood up slowly.

I walked in my room to see Mason stretching his arms above his head.

So cute and all MINE !

"Why didn't you wake me ", he asked sitting back on the bed rubbing his tired eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping and you seemed to peaceful ", I said and sat beside him on the bed.

"Yeah , where'd you go ", he asked pulling me closer towards him.

I snuggled closer.

"I was in the pool house , the others were thinking of having a sleepover . My mother agreed", I smiled when a sharp pain shot through stomach.

"What's wrong , did you take your pills", Mason asked crouching before me.

I shook my head no.

"I didn't have anything to eat yet ", I said and got up but Mason gently pushed me back down.

"I'll get you something to eat and then you'll take your pills okay", Mason said and have a quick peck on my lips.

It's been a few days now and I'll only be able to go to school on Monday but I felt like I was suffocating.

It was nice having my mother's attention but it was becoming to much.

Amy left due to her mother going into early labour.

Mason and the others were here everyday after school but I couldn't handle the attention so I decided to go for a walk to Blondie's. My mother was in her study working from home.

I changed into a baggy jeans and lose Jersey.

I let my hair down and grabbed my phone taking a nice scroll down the road towards Blondie's.

School won't be out for another two hours so Blondie's was most likely to be empty.

As I entered it was empty as expected and I smiled at the lady behind the counter.

***

Hello there.

Hope everyone is good.

Vote and follow me ! 😚♥️

--- only if you want obviously ----😅