Chapter 19

The weeks went by pretty quickly and soon it'll be exams.

Mason excluded me from the thing with Graham , but Graham still paid me.
I didn't want the money so I just kept it in a separate account so my mother doesn't notice anything , she'll probably flip if she found out. 

I don't know what the contraband is that they are keeping and Mason doesn't want to tell me.

Idiot.

"Hey babe", I heard behind me as a tattooed arm wrapped around me.

"Hey Masey ", I smiled.

Mason left a firm kiss on my mouth causing me blush and look down.

"How's your studying going , I think I might just smack myself if I read one more revision booklet ", Emily groaned when we sat down at the cafeteria table.

"Mine , is just going okay I guess. I just get really stressed when comes to exams ", I mumbled looking at my sandwich.

I don't really do well with stress and mother and Amy knows that all too well.

"We could have a study session at my house this weekend ", Emily smiled at me eating a fry off of her plate.

"Ooh , can we come", Jackson asked excitedly. "Not if you're gonna distract us ", Emily said pointing at him.

"I can't this weekend , I have a thing with my mom and I can't miss it. I'll be there Friday afternoon", Mason said and draped his arm over my shoulders.

"Yeah , that's okay. I'll check with my mom but I doubt she'll have a problem with it ", Emily beamed.

"What about your dad , he scares me ", Jackson asked. "My mom will deal with him ",Emily smiles and gets up.

"I have a meeting to get to. I'll catch up with you in history", Emily said and bounced out the cafeteria.

"She's just a ball of sunshine ", Jackson chuckled shaking her head.

"I'm going to ask her tomorrow ", Dustin said in one breath.

"Ask her what ", I asked confused.
"Ask Emily to be my girlfriend", Dustin said with a bright smile.

"Oh my gosh that's great", I smiled bouncing in my chair.

"Yeah , it is ", Mason chuckled softly beside me.

"That means that lover boy has to tell Emily about why he and Trent don't get along", Jackson said shaking his head.

"Oh , but she likes you so that's why she'll accept whatever you have to say ", I smiled brightly.

"Yeah, let's get to class . It's only two minutes left", Mason said and grabbing my hand lifting me.

"Good-luck Dustin ", I yelled behind me.

"Let's do something after school", I asked walking to my last period with Mason.

"I have to do something at the restaurant , want to come. My mom likes you ", Mason chuckled.

"Really , I really like her too", I smile but my smile faltered when I caught sight of Trent and he's friends.

We arrived at the restaurant and Theresa welcomed us when we entered.

"It's great seeing you again Cassie. How have you been ", she asked with a bright smile.

"I've been great and you ", I asked smiling at her.

"Is my mom at the back ", Mason asked impatiently. "Yes , but she has company with her ", Theresa said nodding towards the back of the restaurant.

"Who is it ", Mason asked confused. "Some guy , but I think he knows your mom personally because he asked for her by name", Theresa shrugged.

"Oh here she comes ", she said smiling and I turned to see Mason's mom and a older handsome man walking beside her.

I was about greet when Mason's hand tightened around mine , and he's breathe came out heavy.

I looked up at him alarmed when he's mom spoke.

"Let's talk in my office dear ", she smiled at Mason rather nervously.

But Mason ignored her and eyed the guy who looked at Mason with hopeful eyes.

I gently tugged his hand gaining his attention.

"Let's go ", he mumbled and pulled me along with him.

"Mason , Mason ", he's mom called behind him.

Mason turned abruptly and glared at the man who looked nervous.
Who is this guy ?

"Let me explain please ", she said in a calm tone. "I'll talk to you at home mom. Not while he's here", he spat and marched towards the car leaving me to jog after him.

The drive was silent and tense.

We arrived at his house and I silently followed behind him towards his massive room.

He sat down with he's head in his hands.

I sat down beside him and placed my head on his shoulder.

"He left three years ago without as much as a goodbye. He just left us and forgot all about us. He fucking left Cassie and never got in contact , we thought he fucking died . I was so fucked up when he left , now I'm trying to be better now he's back to fuck my life up ", Mason yelled standing up and pace up and down his room.

I stood to feet and stood in front of him.

"You don't know that's he's going to ruin your life Masey", I say looking at his troubled face.

"He always does this , he fucks up and expect us to just forgive and forget. That's why my fucking brother left , I fucking hate my dad for coming back . I was fine without him Cassie", Mason sighed and sat back down.

I sighed and went to sit beside him but he pulled me into his lap instead.
He sighed when I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Why don't you hear him out Masey , everyone deserves a second chance", I whispered and rested my chin on his head.

"Fine", he huffed. "But he fucks up again , I'm done ", he says and lays back with me on top of him.

"Okay", I said and nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck.

Mason hugged me tight to his chest and  kissed the side of my face.

I could feel myself falling asleep on top of him. Mason was just so comfy and warm and I snuggled closer to him.

" Hey Cassie ", Mason said .

I hummed in response.

"I love you ", he whispered in my ear and I shot up looking at him shocked.

He what ?!

"You what", i asked.

"You heard me , I love you ", he said and pecked my forehead.

"Oh", I said dumbly.

"Oh ", Mason smirked.

"I mean , I love you too", I blushed and buried my head back in his neck.

"You're blushing aren't you", Mason chuckled and I shook my head.

"I just didn't think you actually loved me", I mumbled.

"I've loved you for a while now , now go back to sleep , I just wanted to let you know", he said and rolled us to lay on our side.

"Okay", I mumbled and buried my head in his neck .

" Do you want to remove your shoes", Mason asked softly.

I hummed but made no move to get up.
He chuckled and moved to remove my shoes.

***
Hey.

Vote a d follow !