Chapter 21

"Sooo , I need your help with something important ", Emily said as we sat on her bed in her room.

"Okay , what is it ", I asked popping a chicken nugget in my mouth.

"I want to surprise Dustin with something tonight , I almost have it under control but I need someone to make sure it runs smoothly", Emily said smiling brightly.

"That sounds easy enough , what do you need", I asked smiling .

"The plan is easy actually", Emily said rubbing her hands together.

"So , why can't I know where you're going", Mason sighed from beside me.
"All you need to do is drive Dustin and Jackson to a certain location and I'll meet you there ", I smiled hopping next to him on the bed.

Mason pulled me to his chest and sighed.

"I just want to make sure you're safe wherever you are , and why's Emily not going too , it's her plan ", Mason asked rubbing my back.

"Don't do that , you're making me sleepy", I whined shaking my head.

"Now tell me where the place is Cassie , I just want you to be okay ", Mason sighed.

"Masey ", I whined and sat up.

"Fuck fine , just keep your phone on okay ", Mason said.

"Okay", I smiled.

****
A few minutes later I'm standing a abandoned place , close to the bowling alley.

The place was beautifully decorated with bright lights and a table with food .
I was freezing in the cold and waited impatiently for them to come .
Emily had to handle something last minute and I was just about to text Emily when she popped up behind me.

"Hey, sorry I'm late , I had something to deal with . They almost here , Jackson just texted", she bounced happily.

Then a car came around the corner and Emily came walked towards the car as Dustin got out.

"What's all this ", Dustin smiled hugging Emily.

"It's just a little something for you and the guys and Cassie. To wash off the exams and also because I felt like it ", Emily smiled as I walked over to Mason.

"You were standing here alone , in the cold ", Mason grumbled pulling me closer to him.

"Mmhmm and I'm freezing let's get inside ", I mumbled grabbing his hand.

"Wait , I have a extra hoodie in my car , we'll meet you inside ", Mason said and pulled me towards his car.

"You know , if you wanted me alone , you could've just asked ", I smiled cheekily.

Mason rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"I need to talk to you about something", he sighed and passed me the hoodie.

"Oh yeah , what about", I asked putting on the hoodie.

"I spoke to my dad when I left your place ", Mason sighed.

"Oh ", I say rubbing my hands together to generate warmth.

Mason grabbed my hands and placed them against his chest placed a kiss against my forehead.

"Says he changed and wants to try again. I told him to fuck off , because he seems way to desperate. He used to gamble and I think he ran into some trouble and needs money ", Mason explained.

"What if he's really changed ", I asked moving closer to his warmth.

"I don't think so ", he mumbled.

"Maybe you can talk to him , you know man to man or whatever ", I say looking up at him.

"Yeah, I guess. Let's go inside before you freeze to death ", Mason said shaking his head.

"I love you ", he said and placed a firm kiss to my mouth.

"I love you to Masey ", I smiled and we went inside.

"Thank goodness , I thought you were doing the nasty in the car ", Jackson chuckled shaking his head.

"Shut the fuck up ", Mason groaned pushing Jackson off his chair.

"Where's Dustin and Emily", I asked placing food on my plate.

"They took a walk , I was hoping you'd be here before I ate all the food ", Jackson chuckled sitting up.

"Oh , well more food for me ", I smiled sitting down.

"You guys want some hot chocolate , it's still hot ", Jackson asked.

"Yeah , thanks ", Mason said and filled his plate with food.

Emily and Dustin joined us not long after and we sat and laughed together.

Today was finally Friday and I walked eagerly out the the school yard.

"Well , just the girl I wanted to see ", I heard a thick voice behind me.

I quickly turned and saw Graham with two other guys including Trent standing with sun glasses perched on their head.

"What , what do you want ", I asked backing away.

"Get in the car and don't make a fuss okay ", Graham said and walked towards his black Mercedes.

"No , I'm not going anywhere with you. Tell me what you want ", I asked reaching for my phone.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you ", Trent suddenly gripping my forearm.

"Let's go ", he said pulled me towards the car.

I got in the car and my phone started ringing and I checked to see it's Mason.

Graham smirked and answered the phone.

"Hey , where are you ", Mason asked.

"She's with me , we need to talk , right now ", Graham said into the phone.

"I swear to God if you hurt her Graham , I'll fucking kill you ", Mason seethed.

"Meet at that beautiful lake house , bring the boys ", Graham spat and switched off the phone.

I looked anywhere but Graham but he had other when he started striking up a conversation with me.

"Mason must really love you if he threatened me , ah young love is beautiful isn't it. But it won't last forever , just wait until they decide they've had enough of you and throw you away like scum ", Graham said and took a big gulp of his expensive whiskey.

I simply kept my mouth shut , because I personally experienced true love with my parents and I believe that one day I could have that too.

"What's the matter sweetheart , cat caught your tongue", he says lifting a brow.

"No , I just have nothing to add , that's all ", I say and see that we've arrived.

I see all the guys cars parked outside and can't wait to get out the car to see Mason.

"Go on , after you ", Graham says and I bolt out the car towards the lake house.

Graham chuckled as he and his guys followed close behind me.

"Cassie , thank God. Did he hurt you ", Mason says hurriedly  squeezing to he's chest before I can't even answer.

"I'm okay ", I croaked out .

"Okay , now that the dramatics is over , back to the matter at hand ", Graham said and made himself comfortable on the sofa.

"Did you idiots really think I wouldn't find out what you're been hiding from me ", Graham said with a threatening voice.

***

Hey.

Next chapter will be a tad bit dramatic 😏😅.

Vote and follow !