Chapter 27

Today was the last day of school for summer and I was so excited I woke up early and hopped downstairs to find my mother sitting at the table who smiled brightly when she saw me.

"Cassie , dear I have some news to tell you ", she said then gave a nervous smile.

I took a seat when my mother placed two slices of avocado toast which I absolutely love.

"Okay , what is it ", I asked biting into my toast.

"I just want you to understand that no matter I love you and I'll respect your decision okay ", my mother said which made me even more nervous about the news .

"Mother, you're making me nervous . Just spit it out ", I groaned putting down the toast.

"Well , I started seeing someone recently , but I want you to know that he will never replace your father Cassie and he knows and understands that. He's a really great guy"

"Mother , calm down breathe . Speak slower ", i sighed.

I wasn't really upset that she found someone I'm just glad that she can find happiness again.

"Aren't you upset honey. I know you and your dad was really close ", she asked when she explained about her new boyfriend Lathem who was a doctor and that he made her happy.

"Mother , I'm not mad at all. I'm happy you found love again. I know nobody can or will replace dad , but I'm sure he wanted you to be happy again. I bet he's looking down at us right now and smiling to see you happy ", I smiled with tears in my eyes.

"Oh honey , thank you for your understanding. It really means a lot to me . I love you ", she smiled and embraced me in a tight hug.

"I love you too mother", I smiled.

"He really wants to meet you , I was thinking we could have supper tomorrow night", my mother said.

"Um sure , is he from around here ", I asked now finishing my toast.

"Mmhm , he has his own medical center just a hour into town , I met him at the Charity ball. He's a friend of Rachel's ", my mother beamed.

"Are you sure he's met you , you can be a bit much ", I say jokingly but actually meaning it.

"Yes dear. We've been on a few dates already and he knows that I can be a bit intense", my mother chuckled. "But he makes me want to try new things and I like that he takes me out my comfort zone ", she finished with a blissful sigh.

"Welp , I'm off to school mother. I'll see you tonight ", I said and pecked her cheek.

"I won't be home tonight honey. I have a late meeting in the town over so I'll just stay over. Why don't you ask one of your friends to spend the night ", my mother said.

"Yeah okay bye ", I said and left.

I got a ride from Dustin this morning since Mason was going to be a bit late for class.

It was lunch time when Mason joined out table since we didn't have any classes together for the first three periods it was also the first time I've seen him today.

"Hey babe ", Mason smiled placing a firm kiss on my lips.

"Hello ", I smiled giving him a goofy smile.

Lunch carried on as usual with Jackson joking about everything and Emily adding on which in turn made Dustin red with laughter.

I couldn't really focus since Mason placed his hand on my thigh rubbing circles on it.

"Want to spend the night here , I have the house to myself ", Mason asked pulling me onto his lap.

We were currently at his house in his room with me standing between his legs while he sat on his bed.

I bit my lip thinking , I had slept in the same as Mason before but this felt different.

A good different and I know Mason felt it too because he couldn't keep his hands off the past few days.

I might've took too long to reply because Mason squeezed my thighs snapping my gaze to him.

"We don't have to do anything if you don't want to baby. I won't force into anything. We could just cuddle and sleep ", he said kissing my shoulder.

"No , I do want to. It's just I'm a little nervous that's all ", I say blushing and hiding my face in the crook of his neck.

"Don't be nervous Angel , I'll take good care of you. We'll go at your pace okay ", Mason smiled kissing my cheeks.

"Okay", I smiled .

Mason then pulled me into a passionate kiss that had me begging for more.

"Nu uh , not so fast baby. I want to make it a night you'll remember ", Mason smiled and lifted me off his lap.

"Masey ", I whined frustrated.

Mason chuckled and pecked my nose , he went to pull away but I pulled me to lay on top of me .

"Someone's eager ", Mason chuckles shaking his head.

"I don't need anything Mason , you being my first is special enough. I love you Mason and I plan on having all my firsts and lasts with you", I say and blushed at how corny I sounded.

"Hey , that's my line ", he pouted childishly.

"You can still say it ", I smiled cheekily.

"You , my angel , my Walmart girl "
I chuckled at the Walmart girl Nick name.

"I think I've pretty much knew that day that one day you'll be special to me. And when you got shot , I didn't know how to feel or what todo. That day i vowed that no matter what happens , I'll never put in a position where you would even consider getting hurt. I loved you then and I love you now and forever ", Mason smiled down at me .

My eyes were glossy over and I pulled the back of his neck down and kissed him like my life depended on it.

I knew that in that moment , I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Mason.

****

Hiii

Okayyy , so this chapter was short.

Steamy scene ahead 😬.