Chapter 5

"You actually said that , damn I wish i could've seen her face", Dustin laughed loudly as Jackson tells him what happened back at the diner .

After Natalie left Jackson was back to his joking old self while Mason seemed deep in thought. When Dustin came back inside , Mason said he had to leave and immediately got up without sparing me a glance.

"What's her deal anyway. Why do you guys hang out with her if you don't like her", I asked confused.

"It's not as simple as that. Whenever she sees us , she just comes over. We never invite her over willingly", Dustin sighs.

"Yeah , it was all Mason's fault. He just had to go and fuck her", Jackson grumbled.

"Wait , she and Mason dated", I asked shocked. "No Princess , they just had sex , they weren't a couple", Dustin explained.

"Oh okay wow that's not unexpected at all", I mumbled in the back seat.

After Dustin dropped me after dropping Jackson who lived just down the road from us.

"Catch you later Princess", Dustin smiled and waved at me with a smile.
"Dustin wait", I called on impulse.

Dustin turned around with a smile.

"What's up Princess", Dustin asked and walked back over to me.

"Thank you. For being so nice to me. Even if your mother did say to should be friends with the lonely girl across the road. It's just that I never really had any friends except Amy , that was kinda forced but she's okay. So thank you really. That's all I wanted to say", I say and turned to leave.

Suddenly Dustin turns me around and engulfed me in a tight hug. My head pressed against his hard chest.

"You silly girl. I wanted to be your friend because I found you interesting . My mom had nothing to do with it okay", Dustin chuckled.

"As for the 'you not having friends part' , how is that even possible . Who wouldn't want to befriend a adorable girl like you", Dustin smiled down at me.

"I don't really want to talk about it", I said and looked down at my feet.

"Well , we're your new friends and we're here to stay okay", Dustin smiled. "Thank you", I smiled .

"Don't thank us , just be you Princess", Dustin said and chuckled.

"Okay ,things just got sappy , I should just go", i said and laughed lightly.

"See you around Princess", he said and waved at me.

I walked in the house all smiles and happy when my mother smashed my mood.

"Why were you hugging Dustin Adams", she said glaring at me.

Uh oh.

"It's not what it looks like ", I mumbled looking down .

"Are you sure , because it looks like you are in a relationship with that boy", my mother said shaking her head.

"What , no , he's my friend mother. Friends hug each other . What is wrong with you ", I yelled upset.

"Don't you raise your voice at me young lady , see what's happening to. I know you haven't had any real friends yet . But you can do better than Dustin , Rachel told me that he gets into trouble with those friends of his", my mother said upset.

"Don't you dare talk about Dustin and his friends like that mother. You don't know them", I yelled and stomped up to my room.

"I don't want to speaking to them anymore Cassie", my mother yelled at me.