Chapter 18

"Cassie , you ready to go ", my mother yelled from down the stairs.

I was currently standing in front of my floor length mirror staring at my reflection.

Emily and I hung out yesterday straight after school.

She was fun to be around and I can already see her and Amy getting along.

"Yeah , almost done ", I yelled and took onelast look  at myself before going downstairs to join my my mom.

She had on a beautiful navy blue dress .

"You look beautiful mother ", I smiled.

"So do you honey ", my mother smiled and handed me my black clutch.

We arrived at the Emily's beautiful house . Cars were already parked out front and more cars continued to pour in.

Walking in the house was beautifully decorated with glass and porcelain antiques.

"Rose you made it ", a beautiful lady with a white flowy dress came towards is with open arms , Rachel following with a bright smile .

"Monique , your house is beautiful ", my mother smiled and pecked her on both her cheeks.

"This is my daughter , Cassie ", mother introduced.

We socialized for a while until Emily and I went to the back to get some food because I was starving.

"Is Mason still coming , he's mother arrived already ", Emily asked stacking her plate with chicken sea food and me chicken nuggets.

I love me some chicken nuggets.

"He said he might come , but I haven't heard from him yet ", I say my mouth full with nuggets.

"It's not polite to talk with your mouth full ", I heard a deep voice behind me making me tense.

"Oh fuck off Trent ", Emily mumbled continuing to eat her raw fish.

Yuck !

"That's not nice of you to say sister ", Trent smirked.

"Whatever , what are you even doing here ", Emily asked.

"Where's your boyfriend at Sis , I'd like to have a word ", Trent asked and took a seat on the seat beside her.

"I told you to leave Dustin alone Trent. Whatever beef you have , clear it up soon ", Emily huffed.

So she also didn't know that Trent's in a gang.

"Emily , Cassie come over here for the photos", Emily's mom said gesturing to the photo where a line was forming.

I looked back at Trent , but he just gave me a small smirk and continued eating what looked to be a spaghetti dish.

Emily and I took lots of photos although I protested , but did anyway.
It was fun and I actually enjoyed myself .

The night was coming to a slow end and I found myself calling Mason.
I know he said that he might come , but I was really hoping he'd show up.

He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey you ", he said out of breath.

"Um hi , are you okay to talk", I asked walking towards the belconey.

"Yeah , I was just working out , what's up ", Mason asked and it sounded like he was walking away from a noise.

"Um , I was just calling to see how you're doing , you didn't come to the Charity ball ", I say playing with my dress strap.