Chapter 3

Today was the day we had lunch with Rachel and her family.

From what my mother said , it was just Rachel her husband and her son since their daughter is  studying in London.

"See what happens when you focus on your school and not boys", she so graciously reminded me as we walked off the porch with a bowl of chicken salad in her hands and a bottle of wine in my hands.

I simply rolled my eyes at her comment and silently followed her over to the same house I've seen motorcycle guy storm out of.

I pray to the heavens above that he was just visiting a friend. The other guy who stormed out behind him seemed less upset than him.

Today was a bit hot out , but there was still a slight breeze. I decided on a pastel pink dress that ended just above my knee . I let my hair down in a French plait . I paired it with a white wedge heel.

We just stepped on the porch when a car pulled up in the driveway. Just then the front door of the house opened revealing a very happy Rachel.

"Oh hello , let me take that", she smiled taking the bottle of wine from my hands and giving me a side hug before doing the same to my mother.

"Just in time Dustin , I told we had visitors today", Rachel scolded the guy who arrived a few seconds ago.
"Sorry mom , I lost track of time", he smiled kissing his mother's cheeks.

"Rose , Cassie  meet my son Dustin , this is our neighbors ", Rachel introduced us.
Dustin had a bright smile when he reached his hand for my mother to shake.

Dustin had bright blue eyes that sparkled when he smiled and messy brown hair on his head.

He also had a slight dimple when turned to face me he eyed me up at down causing me to blush as I placed my hand in his. Warmth immediately spread my body when his larged fingers wrapped firmly around small ones.

"It's nice to meet you , please come in ", he smiled and stepped aside for us to pass as he gently took the salad from my mother.

"Thank you son , it's wonderful to finally meet Rachel's family", my mother smiled as she walked forward.
I just smiled in return and looked down at my feet feeling extremely awkward. I had no idea what to say.

I hadn't realized everyone started walking towards the front door when suddenly I felt a hand on the small of back. 

"You coming Cassie", Dustin asked smiling down at me. "Ye...yeah", I stuttered walking towards my mother. 
She and Rachel spoke about what my mother had missed out on at work.

When I looked around I saw the house was decorated beautifully with family portraits everywhere and random pictures of Dustin and to what I assumed was his sister smiling brightly.

The house was spacious but everything seemed to have a place . The walls were painted ba soft grey with specks of white decorations.

All in all it looked beautiful.

"Everyone's in the lounge already , would you like something to drink Cassie", Dustin suddenly said behind me. "Um yeah thank you", I smiled shyly. "Follow me then ", he smiled at me and continued through the house. "You have a beautiful house", I said feeling the need to say something. "Thanks , mom decorated everything herself", he smiled.

Dustin led me to the kitchen where things became even more beautiful .

"What would you like , I'm sure your mom won't allow you to have wine", he smirked. "Um juice is just fine thank you", I said and looked at my surroundings. "So , my mom says you moved here just yesterday , how's the weather here ", he asked as he placed a glass filled with orange juice and took a seat before me.

"It's okay I guess since it was always cold where I lived. I'll need to go shopping for some summer clothes", I answered taking a sip of the juice. " Yeah you should , the weather here can be a bit confusing", he chuckled.

I smiled in return .

"We should probably get going before my mom comes and gets us", he said and got up. "Yeah , my mom will think I somehow seduced you", I mumbled under my breath but he heard and immediately laughed aloud. Causing me to blush furiously and laugh along with him.

What am I thinking , he definitely spiked my juice making me say things like this aloud.

"Although , I wouldn't mind", he winked causing me to cover my face with my hands.

He laughed louder shaking his head.

"Can we just forget the last few minutes please", I said shaking my head. "Okay , it's forgotten", he smiled shaking his head.

"You're adorable , you know that", he said shaking his head.

What now ?

Lunch was good except the fact that my mother gave me a death glare when she saw me and Dustin walking towards them laughing. I immediately looked at my feet and hoped that Dustin didn't notice anything , but he somehow noticed and placed his hand on the small of my back causing me look up at him. He simply smiled in return and took a seat beside his father and engaged in a conversation.

Mike , Rachel's husband had his own company where he brews coffee and exports it across the international border which explains how they can keep up this beautiful house.

Their daughter is studying to become a Chef and is being mentored by some famous guy I don't know since everyone else does.

I sat quiet and smiled and answered questions when I was being asked my Mike and Rachel.

"You should come around whenever you feel like , we absolutely loved having you guys over", Rachel smiled and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"As soon as we're settled , I'll host lunch", my mother smiled warmly.

My mother and Rachel engaged in a conversation and that was my cue to leave.

I silently made my way down the porch when Dustin stopped me.

"Leaving so soon , I thought you enjoyed my company", he pouted childishly.

I smiled and shook my head.

"You're wonderful company Dustin , but I think I've over stayed my welcome", I answered and noticed he had changed into a jacket.

"Going somewhere", I asked motioning to him keys in his hand. "Yeah , was going to catch up with a friend , wanna come ", he asked stepping towards me. "Oh , no that's okay. I wouldn't want to intrude", I smiled at kindly. "Nonsense , we're just going to hang out a the mall ", he said. "The mall ", I asked confused. "Yeah , we go to the mall to pick up chicks. It's totally a thing", he said amused. "Please tell me you're kidding", I said shaking my head.

"Of course I am. We're going to the bowling alley", he chuckled. "Thank goodness , I hoped you weren't a creep", I laughed. "So , what you say , want to tag along", he ask gesturing to his car. "Thanks for the offer , but I've got some unpacking todo ", I smiled at him.

"Well ", he said before standing directly in front of me blocking my view of the adults and reaching for my phone.

"Here's my number , text me whenever you're in mood to hand out. I better go before your mother kills me with her eyes", Dustin smiled and turned to leave , he turned around and said :" see you around Princess", and got in his car.

I looked over to see my mother already looking at me suspiciously.

I quickly dashes towards our house and hurried to my room.

***
Hey!

Tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊