Chapter 25

I walked towards the back when a wave of blonde hair caught my eye. I turned to see a very focused Jackson busying himself in a sketch pad.

I smiled and made my way over to him.
He's supposed the be in school.

"I'll like a grilled cheese sandwich please", he said not looking up from he's sketch pad.

"Anything else ", I smiled at him.

Jackson whipped he's head and looked at me.

"Cassie , hey. Sorry I thought you were a waitress ", Jackson chuckled.

"It's okay , may I ", I asked gesturing to the seat opposite him.

"Yeah , sit down. What are you doing here. Aren't you supposed to be resting", he asked closing his book.

"Yeah, I think I've had enough rest for a while now ", I answered looking at the menu. "I had to get out the house , aren't you supposed to be at school ", I asked looking at him.

"Yeah , I wasn't really feeling like it ", Jackson sighed softly.

"Everything okay with you ", I asked looking at him.

Jackson sighed and shook he's head.

"I don't really want to talk about it ", he said and smiled at me.

"Well , I'm here if you want to talk about it ", I smiled reaching across the table to gently squeeze his hand.

"Thanks kid", he smiled and raised his hand motioning for a waitress .

"Want to eat some lunch. I suggest their grilled cheese sandwiches it's awesome", Jackson said excitedly.

"Okay, I'll have what you have ", I smiled.

"What are you doing here , you're bunking school now ", I asked finishing off the last of my sandwich.

"I wasn't feeling school I guess ", Jackson smiled wipping his mouth.
"Mason's been grumpy without you ", Jackson chuckled softly.

"Well ,he's a grumpy kid I guess ", I laughed lightly shaking his head.

"I have to go, my dad's requesting my presence ", Jackson sighed shaking he's head.

"Oh , I'll walk with ", I smiled and took out my wallet.

"No , I've got it ", Jackson said slapping he's money on the table.

"Are you sure ", I asked.

"Yeah , I'm being a gentleman ", he smiled bowing down.

I smiled and shook my head.

We began walking down the road in comfortable silence.

"I don't want to go home ", I sighed when I got closer to my house.

My mom and Rachel would just fuss over me and I hated it.

"You wanna come over. I'll tell Mason you're at mine after school ", Jackson suggested.

"Are you sure , what about your dad ", I asked unsurely.

"He'll be okay. He's just pissed that I got involved in this whole drug thing and now it's putting him in a bad light ", Jackson sighed shaking his head.

"Oh, okay I'll text my mother then ", I smiled brightly.

We arrived at Jackson's house and I saw a lady working in the garden .

"Jack , who's this young lady ", the lady asked when she spotted us walk up to the door.

"Oh hey Mom. This is Cassie , Cassie this is my mom Diane. She's Mason's girlfriend ", Jackson smiled walking towards her.

"Oh hello Cassie. It's nice to meet you ", she smiled warmly at me.

"It's nice to meet you too Miss Diane", I smiled  

"Oh please , just Diane dear , would like some lemonade", she asked walking towards the front door removing her gloves.

"Thank you Diane , that would be really nice ", I smiled following her inside the massive house.

"She's so formal ", she gushed . "Maybe some of that would rub off on the boys", she smiled and lead me towards the kitchen.

"I'll just be in the study with dad , I'll be back soon Cassie ", Jackson said and left.

"So you're dating Mason, he's a good kid", Diane smiled.

"I know , he has a good heart , just needs to realize it ", I smiled taking a sip of my lemonade.

"I made it myself , hope you like it ", Diane smiled.

"It's great Diane ", I smiled and took another sip of the lovely lemonade.

Diane was a very sweet lady who loves to bake.

Her Rachel and Mason's mommy was at college together , although Diane became a housewife running her own non-profit organization for the hungry children.

I was currently in standing Jackson's backyard while he sat down beside the pool.

He's backyard had tall trees surrounding it and the greenhouse where he's mother worked.

Everything was organised and calmed.

"Why aren't you sitting down. You're making me anxious ", Jackson asked from he's seat with a raised eyebrow.

"Sorry , why are you anxious ", I asked laughing and taking a seat opposite him.

"I don't know ", he laughed shaking his head.

"This seems jolly ", I heard a deep voice grumble behind me.

I turned and smiled.

"Masey ", I said and stood up a bit too fast and a pain shot through my stomach.

"Whoa , calm down . You're still hurt ", Mason said pulling me in to a gentle hug.

"I'm okay , I saw Jackson at the diner and we came here after we finished eating ", I smiled up at Mason.

"Why'd you ditch man. Dustin was looking for you ", Mason asked sitting down and pulling me along with him.

"Wasn't feeling school , I texted you idiot", Jackson said and shook he's head.

"Yeah, I forgot to tell him ", Mason chuckles.

"Oh yeah, my cousins throwing a party on Friday ", Jackson said smiling at his phone.

"Which cousin, Becky ", Mason asked.
"Yeah, it's her birthday on Friday ", Jackson answered.

"Already , it feels like just yesterday we were drunk off our asses ", Mason chuckled.

"I know right , her parties are awesome. You have to come Cassie ", Jackson bounced on his stool.

"Really , will she mind. I am a stranger", I asked.

"Nonsense , Becky's cool ", Mason smiled.

***

Hiii !!

Don't forget to tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter.

😚♥️