Chapter 6

It was around 4 in the afternoon as me and the guys except Jackson who was getting the last few things for the party , chilled by the pool in Dustin's backyard.

"I still don't think it's a good idea", Mason grumbled.

He is was still against me going to the party , I mean I am too now that I know what kind of person Natalie is.

But I also don't want to have to be scared of her , because I really wanted to be at Jackson's birthday party. I had texted him saying happy birthday and asked what I should get him.

"Only your presence and a big hug is required", he replied with a smirking emojie. I can do that.

"You still going with that ,my God man. Let it go. It's not like she'll be alone. I won't leave her side, okay. Just quit it will ya", Dustin sighed upset.

It made me frown but Mason didn't seem affected by it as he just sulked.

"It's okay guys , I don't have to go. I'll just give Jackson a hug and I'll leave. You don't have argue okay ", I smiled sadly and got up to leave.

"Wait Cassie , don't go home. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings okay. It's just that I don't want Natalie to hurt you", Mason grabbing my upper arm.

"It's okay really , I'll just wish Jackson and leave. You won't have to worry about me", I said and turned to leave.

I walked through the house when I heard a sigh behind me.

"Look , let me walk you home. It's the least I can do for acting like a dick to you", Mason said and walked beside me.

I just smiled in return and nodded.
I walked across the street just as we were about to cross the road a car came speeding towards us .

I didn't have time to react when strong arms wrapped tightly around my waist pulling out the way and flush against his hard chest.

The car came to a stop before us when the dark haired girl stepped out with a small smirk on her face.

I backed into the comfort of Mason's broad chest as he still had a tight grip on me.

Natalie's father was a leader of a gang and she used her father's influence to get what she wanted. Last summer a girl crossed her and the girl immediately moved after she did something horrible to her. Nobody knew what it's was but Jackson says it must've been really horrible because the girl was under suicide watch.

"It's okay , I got you", Mason whispered in my ear pulling me gently by his side.

"Look who it is ", she said and she walked towards us.

I tried not to make it obvious that I was cowering into Mason's side.

"Mason , haven't seen you this morning , too busy to come around anymore", she asked batting her eyes at him.

"I haven't been at your house for a few months now  , so cut the crap Natalie ", Mason snapped.

"Ohh you wound me sweetheart", she said touching a hand to her chest. "Hey , pipsqueak . How you doing", she asked directing her body towards me.

"I'm , I'm okay", I said trying to sound brave , but I must've failed because Natalie had a sudden glint in her eyes.

"I'll see you around then Pipsqueak , lucky for you I won't be at my dear cousins party tonight . Enjoy it for me will ya ", Natalie said and turned to leave.

I watched as she got back into her car with the same guy she was at the diner with.

"Fucking bitch", Mason growled. "You're okay right", he asked holding my face in his hands.