Chapter 13

To say that I was shocked was a understatement.

My mother has never left me alone for more than a day before. Is she did , she'd have me stay at Amy's house or Amy would stay over at mine.

So for her to tell me on Friday morning before school that she has to attend to important business meeting in Canada made me freeze momentarily.

"So , you're leaving here. At home , all by myself. Please me tell you're joking", I say choking on my orange juice.

"Careful honey", my mother says rubbing my back.

"And no , I'm not leaving you alone here. Don't be silly , I asked Rachel if you can stay with Dustin since she'll be joining me too. Micheal said it won't be a problem", my mother smiled at me.

"If that works for you of course", she finished. "Yeah , that's okay. How long will you be away", I asked placing my plate in the sink.

"A week , maybe even sooner. Then we'll have a wonderful dinner where I can meet your friends. How does that sound", my mother asked.

"That'll be really nice mother. Thank you so much. Love you okay", I say and get up when I hear a hoot from outside.

"I love you too. I'm leaving in a few minutes so I'll just call tonight okay", my mother then came and gave me a quick hug.

"Okay mother", I say and hurry to Dustin's car.

"Hey roomie", Dustin jokes as I walk off the porch.

"Right back atcha", I smiled getting in the back. "Okay , what am I missing here", Jackson asked confused.

"I'm staying with Dustin while my mother is away on business", I answered.

"Ooh I'm telling Mason ", Jackson says chuckling. "It's not like that asshole. Besides, it's not like we'll be alone", Dustin said shaking his head.

"Mm yeah sure . Still telling though", Jackson smiled.

We were currently seated in the cafeteria while Mason said nothing to me since he heard where I'll be staying.

Emily and Jackson were laughing about something on Jackson's phone while I just sat and smiled at them.

I turned to Mason to see him deep in thought looking at the food on his tray.

I slowly slide my fingers through his hand and he immediately grips my hand tightly.

"I'm not mad at you Angel. Don't worry okay ", Mason said and gave me soft smile.

"You haven't spoken to me since this morning Masey. I'm sorry if I upset you. It's just that I'm afraid to be alone and my mother already asked Dustin's parents", I explained softly.

"So damn adorable , but seriously don't worry about it. I just have alot on my mind okay baby", Mason said then placed light peck to my lips causing me to blush and look down.

"Ooh let's all go to the movies tonight ", Jackson suddenly explodes as we make our way towards Dustin's car.

"I'd love that , I've been craving their salty popcorn", Emily smile walking towards her car.

"Let's all meet there tonight then , I have to help Cassie bring some of her things over", Dustin said .

"It's fine , I'll help her , there's something I need to discuss with her anyways", Mason said and led me to his car. "Okay, then. I'll fix us some lunch then", Dustin said.

"Ooh can I come ", Jackson asked with hopeful eyes. "No , you're at my house all the damn time anyway", Dustin groaned. "Pretty please , Emily wants to come too , right Emily", Jackson looks at Emily pleadingly.