Chapter 12

When I got home , I smelt delicious stake on the burner causing me to glide towards the kitchen with a bright smile.

"Hey Honey. Where did you go after school. Did you and Jackson do something fun", my mother smiled and turned towards me.

"What , now. I actually went in a date", I say blushing.

"A date , a date with who. I thought I told you that  boys are juts going to distract you from achieving your goals at school", my mother scolded.

"Boys are not going to distract me mother. And it's not 'boys' , it's just Mason , Jackson and Dustin. They are my only friends", I say shaking my head.

"I just don't want you to regret it in the long run honey. I'm happy you made friends , even if it is Dustin. I'd like to meet them sometime. Hopefully they are as nice as Jackson", my mother said and rubbed her hands on her apron.
"Really mother ", I asked smiling brightly.

"Of course honey. I'm trying to be there for you. I know it's going to be a process , but I'm willing to try", she smiled taking my hand in hers. "Thank you mother really", I say and hugging her tightly.

Supper went quite well . My mother was really trying to listen and not judge. I appreciated her effort and I liked this less serious side of her.

The next morning when we got at school , the principal announced a that we'll be having a pep rally at before break.

"I hate damn pep rallys ", Jackson groaned beside me. "Why not. At my old school it was never long about ten minutes or so ", I say chuckling at him.

We were on our way to English while Jackson and Dustin had maths next door.

"Sorry to break it to you Angel , but our pep rallys go for over an hour with all the shit announcements. Then the cheerleaders want to do a dance while they introduce the new football players , then the principal has some motivational speech , then it's our academic councillor saying some shit about applying to overseas varsity's. It's total bill if you ask me", Mason said as he caught us to Jackson and I since him and Dustin was trailing behind us.

"Really, that should be exciting. I didn't know we had cheerleaders", I say confused.

"Seriously , how can you miss it. They practically wear their cheer uniform everyday", Jackson groaned.
I just laughed lightly and shook my head.

The rest of the periods were a blur and before I knew it , we were making our way to the gymnasium.

"Good morning students and fellow colleagues. Thank you making it here today. I hope everyone's well", our principal smiled and scanned the scene before him.

"Firstly , I'd like to start off by saying that the reason why I called this pep rally was not only to introduce our new football players but also , inform you about the new clubs that are opening at the school and the fundraising ball being held in the next two months", he said when everyone immediately cheered by the mention of the fundraising ball.

"Why's everyone excited about a fundraising ball", I whispered to Mason confused.

"Because , that's the night when they spike the juice with alcohol and get high in the school's bathroom. Also they just love a good party and our fundraising balls are quite fun actually", Mason chuckled as the principal started talking again , but I zoned out and just looked around the gymnasium.

It was fairly huge , I wondered how they would decorate the place.

I zoned back in when he introduced the cheerleaders.

They came in with a upbeat Taylor Swift song.

I personally don't listen to anything involving her.