Chapter 15

"Soo , a little Birdy told me that you didn't spend the night at Dustin's ", Emily said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I blushed and looked down.

Yesterday I fell asleep in the pool house with Mason , the last thing I remembered was him talking on the phone with Dustin.

"Yeah , Mason and I had a movie day , but I fell asleep that's all", I answered .

Emily and I were currently in the bathroom just before we head to the cafeteria with the guys.

"You guys are too cute I swear ", Emily chuckled . "Now let's go I'm starving and I want to see my man", Emily dragged me out the bathroom.

"Does Dustin know he's your man ", I asked amused.

"Not yet he doesn't", she said with a wink in my direction.

"Hey , why don't we all hang out at your pool house today. We have a proper party with all the members there since Mace wasn't there the first time", Jackson beamed.

"Yeah , that would be really cool. I need help in my chemistry homework , will you help me Masey", I pout at him causing him to roll his eyes at me.

I might've seen his test scores and they were perfect and I really needed help with chemistry.

"You know I'd always help you my baby. But I have to run home first.  I need to pick something up for my mom ", Mason explained.

"Okay , but this time you promise you'll come right Masey , you'll come ", I asked almost desparately.

"Of course I will. It's just a quick run I have to do. I'll even bring cream doughnuts just for you ", Mason promised and quickly pecked my cheek.

"Okay Masey ", I smiled and went back to talking to Emily as she explained how she and her mommy recently tried and failed to make their own home made cinnomen rolls .

"It was a disaster I tell you. My mom and I are no bakers", Emily laughed aloud as everyone at the table joined , except Mason who just shook his head amused.

"Why don't you ever laugh aloud ", I mumbled as our table went loud again.
"I don't really laugh that easily , unless I'm really happy or something really funny happens", Mason explained as he went back to eating his  burger and I ate my tuna sandwich.

"Why do you always make your own sandwiches ", Jackson asked as he bit into his burger he got from the lunch that our school served.

They also served salads , fruit salad pasta and burgers. Sometimes we have pizza and that's when I dash to the lunch line.

"Because , it saves me money and time. While you stand in a long line , I get to eat and I choose exactly what I get to eat and when", I smiled. "You look damn proud of yourself for making your own lunch. Maybe I should try it sometime", Emily piped up.

The day ended quite swiftly and Dustin dropped us at his house.

"Hey dad. We're back", Dustin yelled as we stepped through the threshold of the house.

"Hey guys. Your mom just called. They'll be heading home and will arrive early tomorrow morning. Seems everything went well", Michael smiled.

"Thanks dad. We're studying at Cassie's pool house a bit later okay", Dustin said jogging up the stairs.

"Yeah , okay son ", Micheal replied.
"And how are you holding up. Must be a difficult adjusting to a new system huh", Micheal smiled as I took a seat at the kitchen table
.
"Yeah , it is. But luckily I made friends so it's a lot much easier", I smiled and chuckled.