Chapter 7

The next morning I woke up with a hectic migraine. But what confused me even more was the fact that I wasn't in my room.

I sat up alarmed when suddenly the door to the room opened revealing a smirking Mason.

"Good morning sunshine", he said and placed a tray of food on the bedside table.

I just looked at him confused.

"Um where am I ", I asked looking around.

Yep , it was a guy's room.

"You're still at Jackson's house. This is his room", Mason explained.

"Wait , I slept here. With a bunch of drunk teenagers", i exclaimed. "Yeah , but ...", but he didn't finish his sentence when I cut him off.

"Oh no no no . What if someone hurt me or...', this time he cut me off.

"Would you shut the fuck up and let me finish. I slept in here with you. Do you really think I'd just leave you here with those drunk fuckers downstairs", Mason scoffed.

I blushed embarrassed and played with the hem of the hoodie I had on. Who's hoodie is this ?

"I made you breakfast. Eat and have a painkiller. You'll feel okay", Mason said and turned to leave.

"Wait", I said and gripped his wrist. "I'm sorry , I didn't mean to offend you. I just ... Thank you for staying", I mumble shyly.

"Of course. I'll be downstairs helping those idiots clean up. Come join when you're finished", he smiled and left.

He actually smiled !

I hurried down the stairs when I heard yelling from a unfamiliar voice.

"What the fuck is your problem dude ! Leave my fucking house man ", Jackson yelled angrily.

Jackson was upset.

"Oh hey cutie. Who might you be", a scary looking fella asked looking over a visibly upset Jackson.

"Leave her the fuck alone  and get the fuck out before I beat your fucking ass Trent", Mason said as he stood protectively infront of me.

"Fine I'm leaving. Send my greetings to Natalie will you Mason", he said smirked.

Mason moved towards him but I suddenly reached out and gripped the back of his shirt holding him in place.

Where's Dustin ?

"Fucking leave man", Jackson all but growled.

He smirked and left without a word.

The guys sighed and Mason turned and suddenly embraced me in a tight hug , digging his head in the crook of neck.

I was tense before I hesitatedly wrapped my arms , his torso digging my head in his chest.

Jackson said something and left but Mason just held me tighter before gently letting me go.

"Let's get you home yeah", he smiled down at me.

Then it hit me my mother !

"What's wrong Angel", Mason asked concerned. "My mom , she , what is she says I can't be friends with you anymore... She'll be so mad Mason", I mumbled wrapping my fist in his t-shirt.

"Hey , it's okay. You'll still be able to see us . Stop worrying so much yeah ", he said reassuringly.

I simply nodded and turned to look for Jackson.

"Wait , Mason who's hoodie is this", I asked as Jackson came into view.
"It's mine. I had it in my car and you kept complaining about being cold", he chuckled lightly.

"Oh", I mumbled and went to take it off when a gentle hand grasped mine.
"Keep it ", he smiled.

"Are you sure", I asked shyly blushing. "Yeah , are you sure Mason", Jackson asked amused.

"Shut the fuck up Jack , and yeah I'm sure Angel", Mason smiled at me after glaring at Jackson who simply chuckled.

Mason stopped infront of my house and I wasn't surprised to see my mother's car wasn't in the driveway.

"Guess it your lucky day", Mason said amused at my relieved expression.

"Yeah , I guess", i smiled.

"I'll see you around yeah", Mason said as I got out. "Yeah , thanks for staying with me last night Mason", I smiled and quickly pecked his cheek.

Mason seemed as shocked as I was but I quickly dashed into the house.

The next day was Sunday and my mother invited Rachel and her family over meaning Dustin going to be here I was a bit excited to see him.

I stood beside my mother on the porch as they walked over .

Dustin's parents quickly dove into conversation with my mother when I threw myself at Dustin.

"Someone's excited to see me", Dustin joked hugging me with just as much forced as I was.

"We'll just hang out by the pool while you're busy mother", I said politely.

I knew my mother wouldn't say anything about Dustin infront of his parents.

She agreed with a fake smile and a nod.

"So , want to tell me what happened between you and Mason on the drive home", Dustin asked sipping on his soda facing me.

"Um , why you ask", I asked glancing around the back yard.

"Because Mason looked deep in thought and he was red as damn tomatoes when he arrived on the porch after dropping you off", Dustin chuckled .

"Oh , well we were talking and I thanked him and kissed his cheek. I don't think that was a smart move so just dashed in the house", I mumbled looking down .

"Holy fuck " , Dustin exclaimed and roared with laughter.

"He blushed so fucking hard because you kissed his cheek. I thought you guys had a full blown make out session", Dustin said shaking his head.

"What a fucking wimp. He's got it damn hard for you Princess", he said shaking his head.

Even I blushed when I remembered how he protected me from that guy's intense look at Jackson's house.

"Hey , where were you yesterday. I didn't see you at Jackson's when I awoke", I asked.

"Yeah , I had something to take care of', he answered.

"Do you know who that guy was that came to the house. Jackson was pretty upset that he came", I said looking at Dustin.

He shifted uncomfortably before answering.

"Just some jackass , don't worry about it princess", Dustin smiled.

"Okay", I smiled.

After a long comfortable silence I blurted something that I should've kept in .

"Mason hugged me really tight after that guy left. Like really tight", I said and immediately thought back to when it happened.

Dustin's eyes practically bugled out if his sockets and he gave me intense stare before he shook his head distractedly.

"Well , I'll be damned . He must really like you then Princess", Dustin smiled brightly and pinched my cheeks. "You're making our Grumpy Mason soft , without him even realising it ", Dustin shook his head.

***
Tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter 😊.