Chapter 16

This morning I woke up with a spring in my step.

My mother and I are working through our problems and I made a new group of friends and a boyfriend.

I had texted Amy last night and arranged that she come over for the holidays.

I met up with Mason during third period and he looked kinda tense.

"Masey , are you okay ", I whispered as our English teacher explained a new poem.

Mason looked at me and sighed.

"No , I need to tell you something after school okay baby", Mason smiled sadly.

  "What about , is everything okay", I asked giving him my full attention.

"Why don't we skip the rest of the day and go somewhere private to talk ", Mason asked taking my hand tightly in his.

Okayyy , now I was getting worried .

"Um yeah ,that's okay. We can go to my place. My mother won't be there", I smiled and leaned in to peck his cheek.

Mason simply smiled and turned his attention towards the front , while keeping his hand tightly in mine .

We decided to go during lunch.
Jackson and Dustin were coming over after school as well.

I knew something was wrong when Jackson wasn't he's joking self.

We were now comfortably seated on the couch infront of the TV
.
I looked at Mason then back at the tv .

"Are you going to break up with me , because if you are it's totally oka- ".

I was stopped mid- sentence when Mason places his plump lips on mine.
The kiss was gently , but needy at the same time.

"I'm definitely not breaking up with you baby okay ", Mason said he's lips still close to mine.

He pecked my lips one more time and then my forehead.

"I need to tell you something , but you have to stay calm okay", Mason said looking me dead in the eyes.

"Okay Masey , but you're scaring me", I whisper and moved closer to him.

Mason took a deep breath and started speaking.

At the end of his little speech I was already pacing around the pool house anxiously.

"What do you mean he wants me to come with , why are you even going to meet him ", I yelled at Mason who stood up abruptly.

"Didn't you hear what I just said , I have to meet him. He's a dangerous guy . He'll just find me if I don't go", Mason sighed rubbing my shoulders.

"Why don't you go to the police , they'll protect you against Graham", I say to him.

He let out a long sigh and pulled me closer to his body.

"I can't go to the police baby , I would put not only me , but you in danger", Mason said kissing the top of my head.

"Why does Graham want to see me , I did nothing wrong ", I say looking up at Mason.

"I'm scared Masey ", I say almost bursting in tears.

"Baby look at me, you have nothing to be afraid of okay. I won't let anyone hurt you okay", Mason said kissing the top of my head and squeezing me to his chest.

"What if he-".

"He won't do shit to you okay , not while I'm still here baby", Mason said more firmly.