13: Mom, it's not what you think

Warning: self harm mentioned in this chapter

Philip sits down on his bed in shock. Theodosia is going to have a baby. He's going to be a father. He doesn't have much time to compose himself before his family gets home.

He's still sitting on his bed in shock when Angie gets home.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" she asks sitting down on his bed.

"I'm okay."

Angie nods, "me too."

Philip leans towards her and quietly says, "Can you keep a secret Ange?"

"Of course," Angie nods her head vehemently. 

Philip gets up and shuts the door, then sits down beside her on the bed.

"Well..."

"What is it Philip?"

"Umm...well..."

"Just tell me, I won't tell anyone."

"Okay," Philip considerably lowers his voice, "Theodosia's pregnant..."

"Oh my god!" Angie squeals.

"Shhhh!"

"Oh my god!" she says, quieter this time. "How did this happen?"

"Well..."

"Oh...yeah," Angie's face is bright red.

"But do not tell anyone. No one else even knows about our relationship... except for Aunt Angelica."

"I won't tell anyone, I promise. But I can talk to Aunt Angelica about it right?"

"Yeah, sure. Oh, I also have something else to tell you, that absolutely no one else can know."

Angie nods seriously and Philip leans in towards her. He whispers into her ear.

"Oh my god!" Angie squeals loudly.

"Shhh, keep it down!"

"Sorry, it's just so exciting!"

"Yeah, I know."

Angie sighs and flops down onto the bed. Philip flops down onto the bed next to her. A minute later they hear a ping.

Philip and Angie run over to the window at the same time and fling it open. Theo is standing the garden.

"Hey Theo!" Angie calls.

"Shhhh, are you trying to make it so Father finds out she's here?" Philip asks, lightly hitting Angie's arm.

"Sorry," she whispers, contritely.

"Hang on Theo, we'll have to somehow sneak you in through the door," Philip quietly says.

"Oh, that's okay, I'll just climb up."

"Are you crazy?!" Angie screeches.

"Angie, shhhh," Philip says before turning back to the window. Very quietly he says, "Theo, you're carrying a you know what and you can't climb up the side of a house right now. Just hang on for a minute and I'll be right down."

"Oh yeah," Theo nods and sits down on a bench, hidden in some bushes.

A few minutes later, Theodosia is safe in Philip's bedroom, with the door shut and locked.

"Here, let me take your cloak and you sit down on the bed, you shouldn't be on your feet for too long." Philip grabs Theo's cloak and leads her over to the bed.