CHAPTER 10

Shaurya stood alone on the deck, gazing at the horizon. Hours passed. His mind still pondering on recent events of the night. He can lie to whole world but himself. Is Mehek just a tool for diversion ? He was unable to find an answer. One thing he was sure, he cannot hurt Mehek. When a time comes for them to part ways, he will ensure she is settled comfortably and safely. He will keep her away from likes of Ajay and Mishra. She is his angel and none can taint her. 

'But you spoiled her. You betrayed her and used her', his conscience blamed him. "Yes, I did. Because I needed her. I am at fault. But I won't allow any harm befall on her", he told himself. 'Are you in love with her?', his inner voice questioned him. He didn't know. He could never imagine to love anyone else. But what transpired between Mehek and him last night was not just lust. She didn't just quench hunger of his flesh but touched his soul and may be his heart too. He wanted to see her, wanted to talk to her and wanted to cover her in his arms. He walked to his room but was not able to find her. He ran and searched for her like a mad man. Few staff in the boat shared their doubt that she may have left sometime back with other guests.

He frantically tried her mobile phone several times. 'Did guilt took over her again and she left him for her husband?', he was puzzled. "You are mine, Mehek. I will bring you back", he promised himself while trying her number again. Finally when he came ashore and he managed to connect to her. "Mehek are you okay? Where are you?", he shot questions at her. "Shaurya can you come and pick me up. I need to talk to you", she told him calmly. 

Shaurya picked her up from the address she gave and brought her to his villa. "Mehek, what happened?", he asked her anxiously. Something had visibly shaken her, she seemed cold and distant. "Ajay is having an affair, he has been cheating me for long. He was exploiting me just to squeeze money out of me", Mehek said and later explained everything to him. He felt sorry for her. Although he always felt Ajay never deserved Mehek, he felt bad for her. "I am sorry, Mehek", he told her. 

"Once you offered me a post as your personal physiotherapist. Does it still hold good ?", Mehek asked quickly. He nodded. "What will I get in return for my services, Mr. Shaurya Khanna", she asked him coldly. He was taken aback by her attitude and didn't answer. "I need your help, Shaurya. I want to destroy Ajay. I want to make him pay for his evil deeds", she paused and looked at Shauyra, "in return, I will stay with you in whichever way you wish to keep me ; as your mistress or companion or your bi**h. Until you are done with me, I will remain by your side without any complaints or remorse". 

"Mehek, listen to yourself. What are you saying?", Shaurya was astonished. I will never fall for your tricks again, she promised herself yet acted along. "Do we have a deal?", she asked. He understood she was deeply affected by Ajay's betrayal and sought retribution. If he doesn't agree to help her, he was afraid she may move to another dangerous options. "Deal. I will help you. But promise me you won't lose yourself in this game of revenge, Mehek", he demanded her. She nodded. 'Once I am done with Ajay, next will be your turn Shaurya Khanna. I will destroy you completely. Slowly and steadily feeding the poison named Mehek, she vowed.

"Shall we seal the deal with a kiss?", she tried to play seductress and crawled on him. He apparently held his hands on her shoulder to prevent her. 'What is happening to me? She is willing and passionate. Isn't this I longed for? Didn't I work hard to own her ? Then why am I not ready now? What changed in a night?, he questioned himself. 

Playing nice again, Shaurya? Too bad, I know your true colours now. After being betrayed by Ajay and you, I feel disconnected from everything I believed to be real and true. So I feel free. I don't feel guilty anymore to indulge in my desires. I will use you for my delight , my revenge and my longings until I wreck you beyond repair, she promised herself.