2.

A/N: hey everyone! I'm posting the second chapter of my story and also thank you so much for the amazing feedback! I love you all.

-kris

-

"Here's your lunch" Stacey comes back into my office a couple of minutes after Michael leaves, with a food box and sets it on my desk.

"You're a life saviour" I open the box to see my favourite summer salad that I used to eat whenever I didn't have much time. Stacey smiles and presses her diary to her chest and straightens her back.

"So, what about the meeting?" She mentions, and I almost choke when I put a piece of salad in my mouth. "I almost forgot! They're here in a few minutes! Fuck!" I yell out in panic, snapping down the box of salad and trying to make my desk a less mess.

"Slow down!" Stacey laughs which is weird because she was the one who always stressed and hurried everyone just to make everything perfect and on time. I mumble with my mouth full and chew on the salad so Stace doesn't have to call an ambulance because I choked on chopped peanuts. While I pack my lunch I notice that Stacey sat down in a chair across from me.

"Will you take the offer they gave you?" She questions.

"I don't know Stace, I don't even have the title of the book, I don't know where to get the inspiration, I don't know shit" I reply, and Stacey calmly puts her hands on her thighs.

"I've noticed that you've been under a lot of stress lately. How's your anxiety?" She asks a question I don't really want to answer. My personal therapy, here I go.

"Not good, sometimes I forget to take pills and it's worse," I huff, and Stacey gazes at me with a worried look.

"You should go on a vacation, somewhere where you can relax, the summer's coming, and I think it would help you to get inspiration" she suggests, and I shrug and slowly finish my salad.

"I don't know. I never go on vacations."

When I'm not in the publishing house, I work on a book at home and stay up until late at night, sometimes till the sun rises. Sometimes students come in for internships and I accompany them through the publishing house and show them things we have. I don't have time at all.

"Come on, find a place where you can rest. It's June and the publishing is having a break over the summer" she walks over to me with a bold step, hugs me and gives me a supportive pinch.

"Just think about it, we'll talk later," she waves her hand, walking out of the office.

"Oh hello, welcome to our publishing house! Her office is right here." Stacey announces and the door is wide open again as she warns me that the people from publishing are here. I freak out. Obviously.

I quickly toss the empty salad box into the trash, wipe my mouth and hands, stand up, and greet them. An older man in a dark azure suit with a red tie enters the office, followed by a woman with red curly hair and glasses. 

"Hello, HarperCollins Publishing, my name is Brian Collins, and this is my assistant Gabrielle" the man steps to my desk and shakes my hand as well as his smiling assistant.

"Amanda Green" I introduce myself, I shake his hand and sit down, bringing my hands together and intertwining my fingers.

"We came because of your job miss Green; we were really interested in your work. We would like to give you an offer, transfer to our publishing house" he begins, and I just kept nodding. Am I even listening? I think I'm zoning out already.

"Um, what would that include?" I ask just because I'm curious, and Collins raises his eyebrows.

"Well, I'll point out that you'll get a higher salary than you have here, obviously, and you'll also have a bigger office, we could even offer you a higher position," he leads me on, and I take a deep breath. It's really not good for me to think though, I'm a professional overthinker.