31.

"Hurry up fucks sake, we have to leave early so we don't be late again" Harry shouted from the hallway while I looked in all the closets and under the hotel bed just to make sure I didn't forget anything.

"You're extremely impatient, I'm serious get some help" I shook my head in disbelief and grabbed my purse and phone. I walked out of the room and Harry banged the door behind me.

"Stop slamming the damn door" I grumbled and made my way to the elevator. There was an awkward silence in the elevator which was chased away by the beeping and the ground floor door opening. I handed the receptionist my card and thanked her. Outside, Charlie and the others were waiting for us, already in the car.

"Hey, pixie" Charlie addressed me and I skipped over to him, shoving my hands into the pockets of my denim jacket.

"You can come with us this time, Jerry will go with him" he whispered to me and I shook my head.

"It's okay I'll go with him, I have a plan after all" I winked and showed him the keys to Harry's car in my hand. We hugged goodbye and when I turned around my gaze fell on Harry who was nervously searching through his pockets.

"I can't find my fucking car keys" he muttered and I unlocked the car as Charlie gave me thumbs up and I had to laugh. Harry lifted his head and cocked his eyebrows.

"I'm driving today, and I don't want to hear anything," I raised a finger at him to keep him from saying anything and got in the driver's seat.

"We're not getting home like this" Harry got in the passenger seat and slammed the door again.

"I'm telling you don't slam the door or you'll walk by your feet," I objectively pointed out, buckling my seatbelt and starting the car.

"Seatbelt" I turned my head to him and he was looking out the window, totally ignoring me. His facial expressions said it all. As Stacey always said, grim, which in non-writers language meant annoying pain in the ass.

I shrugged my shoulders, pulled out and once we were on the road I accelerated and then braked hard.

"Are you fucking nuts?" Harry flew forward and if his hands hadn't stopped him, his head would have been in the front window.

"This is what happens when you don't wear your seatbelt" I cackled, putting on my sunglasses and turning on the radio. 

"Sailors fighting in the dance hall...Oh man, look at those cavemen go. It's the freakiest show...take a look at the lawman. Beating up the wrong guy, oh man, wonder if he'll ever know. He's in the best selling show. Is there life on Mars?" humming a David Bowie song on the radio, I tapped my finger gently on the steering wheel to the beat. 

Maybe I could feel like I'm in the movie if Harry wasn't sitting here. He was that one character that messes up the whole fun with his rude attitude.

Despite all that, I was in a good mood and even if you kill me I don't know why. I liked that Harry didn't complain and got in the car without a word, even though it was suspicious. He ignored me the whole way, never once speaking to me.

I enjoyed the silence without his mumbling and cursing, this time I was sure we wouldn't run out of gas in the middle of nowhere. I wasn't headed home, though.

----

"We're here" I parked in front of the big white building and my eyes fell on a sleeping Harry. I noticed that he popped his pills after a few miles as we drove off. 

How am I going to wake him up though?

He had his eyes gently closed and his arms crossed over his chest, it seemed to me that he was used to holding something or someone while he slept. He didn't make a sound, just quiet, smooth breathing. I patted his shoulder and he instantly woke up and opened his eyes wide. He looked harmless in the very first second.