61.

It had been a few days since the party and I seemed to be in a really good mood those few days, hoping nothing would destroy it for me.

"Am, your phone's ringing" Harry yelled from the bedroom and ran down the stairs to hand it to me. Stacy's name popped up on the screen and I immediately picked up.

"Hi Stace" I greeted her and put the computer I had on my lap on the table. "Girl I haven't heard from you in so long! Missed you, how's it going?"

"I'm really good actually, I've finally got my writing down and I'm on chapter 20 in the book" I boasted and Stacey squealed excitedly.

"What about Harry?" My heart started beating wildly when she mentioned him, I have no idea why. "We're...great" I smiled subtly and stood up from the couch. "Just great?"

"Good, excellent, it's awesome. I think I'm happy" I admitted and started to walk around the living room. "Are you? You're happy Mands?" Stacey asked me one more time and I actually started realizing it.

"Yes, I am" I smiled widely when I took a quick glimpse of Harry coming downstairs with a book in his hands and glasses sitting on his nose. "What did this man do to make my best friend this happy. Guess I'll never find out" she laughed as I paced around the kitchen island, accidentally bumping into Harry as he gave me a quick light kiss and sat down, opening his book.

My ears suddenly heard the doorbell ring as I wandered to the main door and opened it, but saw no one. Glancing down, I saw a white box and pitch-black bow on it. "Listen, yesterday I was at a publishing house and heard Michael wants to take over Carolyn's job, what a fucking asshole, I always knew he's up to no good" Stacey angrily rasped as I sarcastically laughed. Michael is very confident.

"That won't happen, Carolyn is perfect in her position, there's no way he will take over, she's the boss" I convinced her, slowly untying the bow and opening the box. When I saw the thing in the box, I thought I will pass out on the spot. "Oh my god" Tears welled from my eyes as I stood back up, lightly kicking the box far away from me. "What happened?"

"I'm going to call you soon, okay?" my voice broke, I turned off my phone and stood frozen on my porch. "Harry?" I spoke up as he stood up swiftly and ran over to me. "What's wrong" he gazed at me with an unbelieving look and as soon as he saw the box, he knew something was very wrong.

"Who the fuck did this" when he opened the box I almost threw up when I viewed it again. The box was soaked in blood and inside was laying a physical human heart. "Couldn't it be a..a pig heart?"

"I'm not sure, they are very similar in size and anatomy" Harry closed the box, fixed his glasses and hugged me tightly. "Go inside I'm going to get rid of this" he whispered to me, kissing my temple as I went back inside, my hands shaking under my chin, clasped. I sat down and brushed my hair back with my fingers. Another sign. This can't be true. I can't believe someone is doing these sick things.

A fucking heart. Someone was killed and their heart was ripped out. I think I will throw up.

I was holding back my tears when Harry got back, my stomach was turned backwards and upside down. "No, this has to stop, you'll tell me what you found out. We'll be there in 15 minutes, bye" the door closed as he sat down beside me, trying to face me while my face was buried in my hands.

"I'm going to meet Jerry and the rest at lunch, want to go with me? You don't have to if you don't want to of course but someone has to stay with you here" he asked me as I lifted up my face. Our eyes met as he cupped my face and wiped the tears off my wet cheeks."I'll go" I kept nodding my head as Harry circled his hands on my back.

He wants to calm me down.

"Okay, c'mon" his hand caught mine as we both walked out of the house, my shaky hands locked the house and I started approaching Harry's yellow car.