24.

My heart began to pound and I could feel the panic rising to my stomach. I looked at Harry, who let me know with his eyes that he was panicking too but tried to hide it. I took a deep breath and turned back to the man.

"It's his sleeping pills, he has trouble sleeping, I'm sure we all had something like that" I forced a smile so it didn't look suspicious and waited for the man's reaction.

"Oh right, well I wouldn't think of you like some drug dealers, you know what I mean" the man laughed and as I wanted to try and lighten the situation I laughed as well.

"Thank you for the lift again, we'll have to go now" I thanked again, the man just nodded and went back to his car. Turning to Harry, I saw that he had already started the car and I quickly got in.

"I hope you realize what just happened," I reminded him when we both let out a sudden sigh of relief. Harry took out a cigarette from his nervousness and tried to light it as he drove.

"Give it to me or you'll set the car on fire idiot" I snatched the lighter from him and lit the cigarette before throwing it back and opening the window on my side. The fresh air was helping my nerves, I rested my chin on my palm and closed my eyes for 5 seconds.

"That was really close one huh" Harry laughed and I felt like I was in a movie where the two main characters run from the police and end up both dying for some stupid reason.

"He can still call the cops on us, he didn't seem very convinced" I pointed out and watched as Harry took another drag from his half-smoked cigarette.

"You've got good persuasion skills brownie, and your lying is getting better" his words sounded like praise this time but I didn't know whether to be glad or worried.

I hated lying and manipulation.

"I hope you hid those drugs," I warned Harry, looking to the back. There was nothing on the seats and when I turned around I noticed he was wearing his seatbelt. I quickly buckled mine as well and put my hair up in a quick bun.

---

"We're here," Harry announced and I glanced up. In front of me was the hotel and just on the other side was the beach. I got out of the car and grabbed my stuff out of the trunk. As we drove home yesterday, Charlie instructed me to tell the receptionist his name and they would know what to do

Harry and I walked into the hotel and my eyes widened from the revelation.

The hotel was the perfect array of honey shades as they have the feel of a home away from home and a place to be safely cared for. I walked slowly to the front counter where a friendly-looking lady peeked out at me.

"Hello, we're here with Charlie Lennon, he's already checked into the hotel" I announced and the lady immediately nodded.

"Oh, of course, here is the card from your room," she said, handing me a silver hotel card.

"From our room?" I repeated and she nodded again. Harry and I looked at each other in wonder and Harry turned pale. "We were supposed to have two rooms, not one," I said, the lady sat down and quickly typed something into the computer.

"I'm sorry but the hotel is full, we only have one room available," she replied and I thought I was going to pass out on the spot. No, this is not happening.

"It's that idiot's fault, I'm going to kill him" Harry banged on the receptionist's desk and the receptionist jumped with fear.

"Calm down, it's probably just some mistake" I whispered to him and turned back.

"Is everything really full?" I asked again just to be sure and the lady nodded regretfully.

"Are there two beds in the room?"