21.

The mornings in this village are long and quiet. There are never cars driving, people are never shouting, there is no hurry, and everything is peaceful. This morning, however, is a little different from the others.

I wake up to the honking of a car outside. As I stagger out just in my dressing gown, there's a black car outside my house with the very famous Lady Gaga playing loud enough to wake up people in central London.

"Morning queen!" The window rolls down and Charlie shouts at me from the driver's side.

"What are you doing here so early?" I yawn and narrow my eyes from the strong wind blowing in my face and walk over to the car. 

I notice that there's a guy sitting in the back seat with a cap and black sunglasses, curly hair sticking out of the cap, pretty much ignoring me. Charlie's hair has taken on a different colour again that's now green. He's holding a green milkshake in his hand, slowly drinking from it.

"Just came to let ya' know to come to the pool party tonight at my house" he announces while humming to Lady Gaga.

"Wait what? A pool party?" I start but he turns up the volume on the radio, yells "I'll be here at 4 in the afternoon" and drives away.

I sigh, rub my eyes, and walk back inside.

This was just morning, it is now 3:45 and I have  15 minutes to get ready. I don't know what's going to happen today but I'm not too worried about it. I put on a long red summer dress. I've always loved wearing dresses that were comfortable and flowy in the summer.

I just put on simple makeup because I don't feel like doing full-face and my laziness drives me to mascara and lip balm

I just put on simple makeup because I don't feel like doing full-face and my laziness drives me to mascara and lip balm. As I'm getting dressed, I hear a car honking outside. 

I quickly get up, lock the house and walk out. I stop at the window that rolls down and lean my hand against it. Charlie is sitting in the driver's seat, wearing yellow sunglasses that remind me of John Lennon's.

"You're late!" He remarks, and I get in the car. The steering wheel he's holding is a pink fluff with glitters which makes me fight laughter.

"I'm right on time" I correct him.

"Come on pixie, just kidding. You look drop-dead fucking gorgeous by the way" He smiles and gently nudges my shoulder. I silently thank him and before I can catch my breath, we speed through the entire village of about a hundred and I quickly buckle my seatbelt. 

"Charlie, slow down! Do you want to kill us?" I ask with panic in my voice. I try to hold on tightly to whatever I can just so I don't fly through the windshield when he hits the brakes.

"No girl I'm just enjoying life!" He screams and turns the radio up even louder.

"Where are we actually going"? I turn to him and he mutes the radio because he figured I'm serious.