10.

A/N: Hellooooo everyone! The new chapter is here and this is the longest chapter I wrote so far. I hope you are good and had a nice day! -kris

---

Summer Festival in Costwolds.

The event, which took place in this village every year for almost 20 years. I went there with my grandmother when I was a kid.

Stalls with food, homemade products, many flowers and also carousels for children, everything you wanted in one place.

My steps were directed to the spot where the whole festival was supposed to take place. It was a hot summer day and I decided to wear a sage green skirt with a floral pattern and a dark green t-shirt.

In my hand, I had a smaller black handbag perfect for carrying outside. I've always liked fashion but not in the sense of being a model like my mother wanted. I just liked wearing what I wanted, that was all.

When I was younger, I cared a lot about what other people thought of me and I was afraid they would judge me. Miserable teenage me was so insecure about every little thing.

The older I got, the more I lost interest in what society thought of me. Now I dress the way I want but sometimes I'm still a little vulnerable and insecure.

As I walked closer to the festival locality, I heard kids laughter, people chatting and muffled music. I smiled mildly and walked closer. People had fun there, laughing and dancing. I saw more people than I expected, but I was convinced that some of them came from different cities.

"Hi, could I have this drink?" I asked the older lady who was standing in the booth, pointing on a drink at the board and she affably smiled at me. She really reminded me of my grandma, they had almost the same warm smile.

"Here you go darl" the lady gave me a drink, and I didn't even know what it was.

"Thank you," I nodded and gave her the money. I bring the cup to my lips and the bittersweet lemon drink went down my throat. I squeezed my eyes because it was strong and I wasn't used to drinking alcohol that much.

My next steps were directed to the stage that was in the middle of happening. My eyes stared at the stage where a band was preparing to perform. I didn't know who to start a conversation with because I didn't know anyone, so I just paced and looked around.

"Are you lost?" I heard a girl's voice, but I thought it wasn't speaking to me.

"Yes you," the voice said, and I turned. In front of me stood a shorter girl with curly golden hair and headband, she could have had 19.

"Oh um, no. I'm here for the first time so I'm just watching around" I smiled at her and she just glanced at me with her sympathetic eyes.

"I'm Willow," she shook my hand, and I shook hers.

Willow, what a unique pretty name I thought.

"Amanda," I said, smiling because I'm talking to someone that looks nice. She finally smiled and her smile was really childlike and cheerful. I liked her.

"Did you move here?" She asked as we stood next to the high table and put drinks on it.

"No, I'm here just for summer, I live in New York" I answered as the music started playing.

"Oh, that's cool; I live here with my parents," she said but the music was so loud that I couldn't hear.

I saw 3 people coming up the stage. One was a drummer, guitarist and bassist. Where is the singer then? I looked back at Willow and sipped from my drink again. Suddenly the music started playing.