42.

The morning was, different. Everything changed a bit since last night. I still didn't believe what happened, it felt delusional. Like I have been dreaming and now I was waking up. I couldn't stop thinking about Harry, he was suddenly in my head. Even when I was asleep.

When I opened my eyes, I took sight of an empty bed, I was lying alone. The rings and everything else was gone. This seemed strange because I could smell something cooking downstairs in the kitchen. I groggily got up, rubbed my eyes and scrambled downstairs. 

Harry was in the kitchen, still shirtless, the muscles on his back showing only when he stretched his spine, his left arm was covered in tattoos and he was wearing a chain around his neck with a cross on it. He was bent over the stove, experimenting with something.

With a big sigh, he ran a hand through his hair as if he was thinking stiffly about something. I quietly watched what he was doing from the stairwell. He walked over to the fridge, took something out, put it in a bowl, and then in a pan.

Is he making pancakes? There was whipped cream, fruit, and maple syrup on the table so my guess was correct.

"How did she do it back then," he asked himself quietly and started flipping the batter, tossing it, and then putting it on the plate. He almost dropped a few pancakes on the floor but managed it. I finally stopped watching him and walked into the kitchen.

"Hi" I spoke fully and Harry turned to me, he smiled as soon as he saw me. "Hi" he greeted me back and proudly pointed to the pancakes that were on the island.

"Why did you make breakfast?" I asked quizzically and Harry just shrugged.

"I couldn't think of anything else, I just-" I cut him off with a kiss, standing on tiptoes. Harry grabbed me around the waist and laid me out on the cold kitchen island. I shivered as my skin touched the cold marble.

Harry's hands moved to my cheeks, his tongue teasing my mouth. He was so engrossed in the kiss that he must have forgotten about the pancakes. Suddenly he stopped and stepped back.

"What's wrong"? My hands helped me to go down from the island.

"You know, this whole kissing thing is new for me," he said, " I think I'm going to need more practice".

"Funny how I always thought you are professional" I laughed as he grinned at me.

"Really"?

"When I tell you I've never had a better first kiss does that prove my point"? I asked as I watched his mouth spread into a big smile,

"I mean it should bu-" my lips stopped him again from talking useless words. I really wanted to show him I am right and he is naturally an excellent kisser.

"We should eat this," I spoke into the kiss and Harry paused. "Do I get an extra kiss for this?" he asked as I nodded my head and gave him one.

I then climbed down from the island again and excitedly ran out onto the porch with my plate. It was already very warm outside so I didn't have to take a blanket. I sat down on a chair and waited for Harry to come in. I dug into my pancakes since I was starving. Harry sat down next to me and started eating as well. I put my fork down and started studying him.

"What's up," he asked, swallowing and I casually put another bite of pancake in my mouth.

"I was just questioning if you slept last night" I mentioned in between talking, Harry's face took on a disappointing tone.

"Not really" he shrugged and continued eating.

"Harry, be honest, do you really have insomnia"? I asked flatly, watching Harry shuffle uncomfortably. "That's a long story" he coughed and took a sip of the coffee he had on the table.