Does Your Mother Know

TRIGGER WARNING

"Did they say when you'd find out about the scholarship?" Trevor questioned as he held his phone between his cheek and his shoulder so he could open his car door.

"They said they'd let us know by the end of April and that we should be holding our breaths, so I'd consider that a good sign."

"Yeah. Means they're going to keep you two in the running," he said as he yanked his backpack out of the backseat. "I really hope Carter gets her scholarship. The two of you should always be designing clothes together."

"It's what I'm hoping for. They need this scholarship in order to go, and if they don't go, I'm almost tempted not to go."

"You better still go to school. You know it's what you've been wanting to do for years now. I know it will suck without your best friend, but that doesn't mean you should just give up since you're not going to the same school."

"No matter what I'm going to go. I just said I was tempted," Dante chuckled. His voice was distorted as he called out to his dad. "I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you, Angeleyes."

"I love you, too, Babyboy," he hummed as he hung up.

"Babyboy?"

Trevor jerked his head to the open side gate. There stood his mother, taking out the trash late at night past the time she should have been relaxing in the den with his dad.

"Who is this Babyboy?"

"No one."

"If it's no one, you wouldn't have claimed to love him. And don't tell me it's not a him, because you wouldn't call a girl a Babyboy unless she was a lesbian."

"That's not true," he whispered, closing his eyes and sighing.

"Get your ass inside right now," she gritted, and Trevor scuttled inside. "Luthor, get in here!"

Trevor's father exited the den, glaring at the two. "What the hell do you want?"

"I just overheard our son claiming to love someone named Babyboy."

Seething, Luther held out his hand, demanding Trevor hand him his phone.

Due to the nature of the secrecy of their relationship, Dante and Trevor both created fake Instagram accounts where only they followed each other. Their accounts were set to private, and the only thing posted to their accounts were pictures just for each other and Dante's phone number so Trevor wouldn't suspiciously have it in his phone.

Since Dante wanted to call Trevor to talk, he had his fake account open so he could call him. He hadn't logged out of it yet, and when his father searched through his phone, he searched through everything possible.

The moment he saw the fake Instagram account, Luther threw Trevor's phone at him. He ducked, and the phone hit the wall and broke.

"What the hell do you think you are doing? I didn't raise my son to be a fairy, and I will not have one in my house," Luther seethed. He stalked up to Trevor, who meekly cowered back against the wall. "Now how long have you been a queer?"

Trevor didn't say anything as he squeezed his eyes shut tighter.

"I asked you a fucking question!" Luther punched Trevor in the nose, and he slammed his head back against the wall, sliding to the ground. "Answer me!" He kicked his son in the gut, repeating it twice. Crouching down, he calmly asked, "Now be honest. How long have you been a queer?"

"I've known since seventh grade."

"And you didn't tell me?" Luthor stood up and paced. "Our own son, a fucking queer like his sister, and he doesn't think to tell us. You know we don't accept queers in this house!"

"I'm sorry."

"You better be. You know you will never be loved properly for being a fucking gay. They don't know how to love, only how to take it up the ass. Is that really what you want for yourself? To have some floosy come in and take you up the ass, because I'm sure my foot will fit right up there."

"Please, no," Trevor begged, sobbing heavily.

"And now you're crying. Begging for forgiveness. Well I am not going to accept some fucking apology from the likes of you," Luther seethed. "You are nothing but scum. I have been having the human fucking equivalency of mold living in my house since he was in the seventh grade. I am not going to take this."

Yanking Trevor up by the collar of his shirt, he threw him outside on the sidewalk. "If you ever think about coming back here, I will call the police. You are not welcome here ever again."

Luther slammed the door shut, leaving Trevor alone on the driveway. He knew exactly what was going to happen once he was outed, and it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be. He assumed he would be throwing up blood and be somewhat dead. He was prepared to die when he was corner against the wall, so he was thankful he was alive.

As he stood up, he noticed the blood caking the sidewalk. He felt his head, noticing it was bleeding. He ignored it as he stood up and limped away towards Dante's house.

Vote, comment, share!