Slipping Through My Fingers

As Ryan walked down the halls the next day, no one was able to keep their eyes off him. For the first time since freshman year, he was wearing something other than sweatpants. Wearing the clothes Carter selected for him, he decided to dress up in loose, ripped, black jeans and a Pink Floyd's The Wall movie poster t-shirt with a leather jacket and plain white canvas sneakers. He felt sexy, and his classmates around him noticed.

Opening his locker, Ryan smirked as he spotted Jessica trot down the hall. But when he noticed her hand linked in Trevor's, he tore his eyes away from her and unpacked his bag.

Jessica slid next to Ryan's locker, gasping when she took in his appearance. He didn't look feminine, but he didn't look masculine either. His secret was safe, allowing him to continue looking fine. "Hot damn," she gasped, inspecting him slowly from head to toe.

"Y-yeah," Trevor said, choking as he, too, inspected Ryan.

Ryan snapped his fingers in front of Trevor's eyes and glared. "Hey. Your girlfriend is right there."

Trevor scoffed. "Oh, please. It's not like I'm ever going to have feelings for you, Missy. And it's not like you're trying to tempt me either. I just haven't seen you wear actual clothes in so long that I feel like I have to soak up this experience before I forget it."

"You're not going to forget it any time soon," Ryan claimed.

"No offense, Hun, but we all know you're just going to go back to wearing your sweatpants tomorrow like you do every other day," Jessica giggled.

"Not this time," he smirked. "I have a whole new wardrobe to wear."

"And your mom doesn't care that you look like this?"

"Nope. She encouraged it. Was super excited when I came home yesterday with all my clothes."

"Why would your mom care?" Trevor asked, and Ryan instantly stared into his locker.

"Because she's always trying to make Missy be more feminine. And she doesn't look feminine," Jessica explained, running her hand along Trevor's arm. She fanned her hand for him to lower his head, and she whispered into his ear, "I told you not to bring up her mom around her."

Trevor frowned and mouthed an apology before smiling at Ryan again. "Where did you get the new clothes?"

"Local thrift store."

"Smart," Jessica said. "Did the shop attendant actually do their job and help you out?"

"No. You're not even going to believe who actually helped me out."

"Who?"

"Carter Knowles."

Jessica gasped. "The goth girl?"

Ryan nodded.

"You're kidding."

"I'm not surprised. I know she designs clothes," Trevor stated.

Jessica and Ryan stared at him. "How do you know that?"

Trevor blushed. "Oh, well, her partner, Dante- You guys know Dante?"

"We obviously know who Dante is," Ryan deadpanned.

"Well, he's also into fashion, and he told me. I actually agreed to model for their fashion show in a couple months."

"They're having a fashion show?" Jessica asked, turning her head to glance down the hall to stare at Carter approaching her locker.

"Yeah. Some scholarship thing," Trevor brushed off. "Anyway, I need to meet with Steven before class, so I'll see you later."