Andante, Andante

This is my second update today, so be sure to read the chapter before this one if you haven't already. Glam on!

After three weeks of preparation, the Sadie Hawkins dance was only one week away. Carter and the swim team had finished their choreography, and they were all ready and prepared to perform the grand gesture for Xander.

Since they all were planning to wait until lunch, Carter was tense around Xander. He easily caught on to it, but whenever he tried to corner them to talk, they would run away so as not to give any of it away. They were far too nervous, dreading the embarrassment they were sure they were going to endure. Since it was something that Xander had been dreaming of for a while, it made it worth it in the end to go through with it.

"I don't understand why they're ignoring me," Xander ranted to Trevor between classes. "I don't think I did anything to piss them off yesterday, but that still doesn't mean I didn't do something. Oh, God, what if they're going to break up with me because of college or something?"

"Relax, man, I know it's not that," Trevor calmly assured, patting Xander on the back. "Dante was telling me about how much Carter loves and cares about you. There is no way they are going to break up with you. Maybe they're just a little skittish today. Talk to them once they're a little more calm. I'm sure they'll come to you first anyway."

Knowing Trevor was right, Xander closed his eyes and took a deep breath. All that mattered was that Carter was alright, and if they needed some time before talking to him, he understood.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this nervous about a...someone you're dating," Trevor said, choosing his words carefully to accommodate with Carter. "You really love them, don't you?"

"I do."

"You think they're the one?"

"I don't know. I'm just happy with what we have right now, and if things get more serious, I'll be happy with that, too. Right now, they're the only person I want to be with."

"Aww, that's so sweet," Trevor cooed.

As the two walked down the stairwell, they bumped into Ryan. Xander stared at him walking upstairs, and he quickly turned around to catch up with him. Trevor called out to him, but he ignored him.

Placing his hand on Ryan's shoulder, he jerked his hand away once Ryan startled.

"Dude, what the hell?" he snapped as he tore out an earbud.

"Sorry, I tried calling you, but you didn't hear me." Pulling Ryan along the wall, out of everyone's way, he said, "I've been meaning to talk to you."

Ryan swallowed, knowing it was the conversation he'd been hoping to avoid. Xander would stare him straight in the eye and tell him that sleeping with him was a disgusting mistake. He always thought that Xander would be okay with it. After all, his current partner was trans as well, but Ryan couldn't help but think that it was all in vain and that he was going to ridicule him right then and there.

"I know things have been a bit weird since you were outed, and I'm really sorry that happened to you."

"Wasn't yout fault," he mumbled, unable to look Xander in the eye.

"But I wanted you to know that you hiding it didn't upset me."

Ryan snapped his head up to look Xander in the eye.

"I will never regret sleeping with you. Ever. I wish I knew since we were friends, but I understand why you kept it a secret. I even understand why you kept falling for me. You never actually loved me, you were just lonely and afraid, weren't you? And...this," he said as he gestured between the two, "was the most stable relationship you had, wasn't it?"