Ring, Ring

Xander excused himself from Ryan when he spotted Jessica and quickly slipped over to Carter and Regina. He glanced at Trevor and Dante, and when Carter glanced back at them, she groaned. Regina glared at her.

"I am trying," she insisted. "I'm ignoring them, and I'm letting Dante do what he wants."

"It's a harmless crush," Regina whispered. "I bet he's glad to be talking to him, and it will sustain him for the next couple weeks."

Carter snorted. "Sustain him?"

"I couldn't think of a better word," Regina exclaimed in laughter.

Turning to Xander, Carter patted his shoulder. "Congrats on second place, man."

"Thank you," he said as he slid his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind. Perching his chin on her shoulder, he faced her with a smile. She smiled back, confused by the gesture but chose to ignore it. "Thanks for coming to the meet. It really means a lot to me that you came."

"I told you I would come. I wouldn't lie about coming."

"It still means a lot to me that you came."

"And it was totally worth it to see you come in second place," she smirked.

Xander pouted and let go of Carter, holding his hands in the air. "Fine. I don't need this."

"Get back here," Carter laughed as she pulled him by the sleeve back to her and Regina. "I'm obviously kidding."

"Don't worry, I know," he promised, wrapping his arm back around her. She stared at his arm again.

"Anyway, I know something that could make you feel a bit better," Carter smirked, and Xander stared at her, amused. "Bjorn Ulavaeus said that new ABBA music will be released next year."

"Shut up!"

"Five new songs. And he even finally gave us fans a fan name," she giggled excitedly.

"What are we?"

"ABBAtars," she dramatically whispered. "I don't entirely get the reference, but he called us that for lack of a better word, so I'm coining it. ABBAtars."

"ABBAtars."

"There is no way that you are both into ABBA," Regina deadpanned.

"Believe it," Xander smirked. "They happen to be incredible. Agatha, Bjorn, Benny, and Anni-Frid-"

"Nicknamed Frida."

"-all come together to create the best band of all time."

"ABBA," they both stated, dramatically fanning their hands out.

Regina gaped at the two, her expression turning deadpan as she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, okay, whatever. I still have trouble fathoming how you're into the band."

"It's because I was taught great music at a young age," Carter stated.

"You literally listen to a band called Psychostick."

"They currently hold the world record for the most explicit song of all time." She winced. "It's the only one I actually listen to. I liked a song called 'Because Boobs,' but listening to it again at this day and age is just...ugh," she shuddered. "That doesn't mean I don't have range when it comes to music. My ringtone used to be 'I Will Always Love You.'"

"The original, right?" Xander questioned.

"Of course. It's the best version. It's so melancholy and sweet. The whole album is incredible."