So Long

Gowns and hats in red and gold filled the Sear's Center lobby. Now prior classmates ran up to their friends and hugged them, as well as rejoiced with their families for finally graduating.

After receiving their diplomas, Trevor and Dante exited the back and walked up to Kennedy and Billie. There was no way she'd ever dream of missing her brother's graduation. She'd play the role of the loving mother and take care of him, as in only two days, he planned to move in with the two.

"So, you're Dante," Kennedy smirked as she grabbed both of his hands. "It's nice to finally meet the boy who has my brother wrapped around his finger."

"I'm not ashamed of it," Trevor stated. He grabbed Dante's hand, who stared up at him with wide eyes. "I love this man with all my heart. I'll never be ashamed to love him for as long I live."

"Shut up, you sap. You're going to make me cry," Dante teased.

"Make me," he smirked.

Taking the challenge, Dante reached out and cupped Trevor's cheeks, kissing him in the middle of the lobby for anyone to see. He'd always dreamed of this day, being able to kiss his boyfriend loud and proud in front of all their classmates. It didn't matter how late it was; he made sure everyone knew that he was with the love of his life.

Simon pushed through a crowd up to the four and clamped his hands on both boys' shoulders. "I'm going to miss you when you leave. Feel free to come back and visit anytime. You're always welcome in our house."

"Thank you, Simon."

"And I'm going to miss you," he said as he turned to face his son, "while you're constantly going back and forth, wasting your money on gas to and from the city."

"He's welcome to stay with us as long as he'd like," Billie stated. "It'll be good to save up on money."

"Same for you, Trevor."

Squeezing Dante's hand tighter, Trevor smiled at his boyfriend. And Dante smiled right back.

"Oh, I am so proud of you," Terry exclaimed as he tightly hugged Xander. "You're going to be going to business school. And you're going to help finance Carter's fashion company."

"It's Dante's, too. More his then mine, really," they claimed.

"Who cares? I'm still so proud of you," Terry cooed as Henry pulled him away.

"I think he'd like to hug our child more than you."

"No one ever seems to complain about my hugs," Terry sniffed. "They're magical."

"Yeah, like you," Henry deadpanned. Turning to Xander, who was now hugging Carter from behind, he smiled. "We are proud of you. I'm sorry your parents couldn't come."

"I honestly don't care. Once I'm out on my own, I have every intention to just cut them off. I don't need them to constantly complain and compare my life to yours," he stated as he smirked at Samantha.

"Oh, I agree. You definitely should," she nodded. "Thanks again for buying me a ticket, Henry. I wouldn't want to miss this for anything in the world."

"I understand college is hard, and money might be tight."

"No, actually, Xander just didn't tell me," she said, playfully narrowing her eyes on him. "I think he was a little embarassed."

"I didn't want to be let down, actually," he mumbled.

"Well, I wouldn't want to miss this for anything. And since I actually make pretty good money with my current firm, I was able to buy you the best graduation present ever," she stated, smiling proudly. "I want you to move out of mom and dad's place as well and to get your own bearings in the world. I also don't want you to live in a crowded dorm room, so I've bought you your own one bedroom apartment downtown."

"What?" he gasped, and Carter spun around to hug him tightly. "Are you serious?"

She nodded. "It's under my name, and I'm paying for it all. I'm also providing you with a monthly allowance to buy food, but anything else you want you're going to need to get a job for. And once you are able to afford it on your own, I'll step back and let you pay for everything. But for now, let this be the way I can help you out."

"I don't know what to say," he whispered.

"Just agree to let me into your life a little more. We're all the family we really have left. I plan to cut mom and dad out, too, until they get their shit together. So for now, let's do this on our own."

Xander let go of Carter and hugged Samantha tightly.

Carter cooed at the two, jumping when they felt a hand clamp onto her shoulder. Spinning around, they smiled at Ryan. "Hey, where's Regina?"

"Talking to my mom," he said as he nodded towards the two excitedly talking about post-graduation plans. "I saw you and wanted to talk."

"Everything okay?"

"I was thinking about what you said a bit ago, you know about coming to work for you some day?"

Carter nodded.

"Well, Regina and I had been talking, and we've decided that we'd like to go to school to one day form SPECTRUM. It'll be a LGBTQ+ charity meant to help LGBT adolescents get off the streets and receive the necessary tools in order to help them reach their full potential and get their lives together after being kicked out. So, we want you and Dante to focus on your fashion empire, and then when the time is right, we'll create a partnership. How does that sound?"

Wrestling Ryan into a hug, they laughed jovially at the idea. "I think it's the best fucking idea I have ever heard in my life."

"Aw, so cute," Dante cooed as he led Trevor over to the group.

"You two are way cuter," Ryan stated as he glanced at their entwined hands.

Regina walked over and wrapped her arm around Ryan's shoulders. "Carter, are we still having a party at your place?"

"Only if we get to watch Mamma Mia," they stated. While everyone groaned (minus Xander), they laughed and shook their head. "I'm obviously kidding. You're all coming over. Dad, Papa, mind giving us some time."

"You all have fun," Henry insisted, everyone waving goodbye as the six ran towards the exit doors.