3

Note: People posting that they disapprove of the term "weeb". I don't know any other term equal to someone who likes manga, Japanese stuff, so I used the term weeb. English is my second language, weeb is just a noun for me at the moment because after coming to the West many ppl around me used it to convey their love for Japanese art and anime with this term. But I'll change it since in western internet culture it might be considered different and negative. I don't want to use Otaku cause of its negative term in Japan.

I was still not sure how to process this information. Everything felt random. I felt like a snitch although I never revealed who bought the cake.

Suddenly, I see Ryan waving at me from the kitchen. I waved back.

"Ryan working today?" I ask Marie. She nods while distracted in her work.

"If you want to get to work, go ahead. I don't think you would want to be home now." Marie winks. I blush a little. It was true Ryan had a crush on me. He was kinder than most guys I met, but it was not special. I never had luck with "good guys".

I took off my coat and walked to Boss.
"I want to work right now. Can I?" I ask him. He did a little funny face that made me chuckle.

"Uh sure, but WHY?" He asks.
"Cmon Boss. I am bored plus I need that extra cash." I whine.
"Hmmm," Boss thinks for a while. "So whos shift I shall be covering..." I ask.
"Marie's!" Boss exclaims. I am almost confused.
"What?" Both Marie and I ask, alarmed. Marie almost thinking the boss is firing her.
"Well, I have to head to the market and get supplies. I won't be here for a while I think. Marie going to take over my place, and you, Marie's", He explains.

"Here catch." Marie throws her keys to the counter. I caught and wore my apron. At that time, Ryan came out of the kitchen.

"Hey y/n" He greeted. I smiled and replied, hey, as well.

"You working? Day shift?" He asks.
"Yeah, I just got bored at home, plus Boss agreed," I explain.
"Damn lucky..." Ryan joked.
"Haha hilarious Ryan," I say sarcastically.
"So, um...I was wondering. If you wanted to...." Ryan's voice wavered.
"Cmon Ryan, spit it out..." Marie yelled from the back. I make a little frustrated face signalling Marie to shut it. The boy is doing his best.
"Yeah...?" I encourage him.
"Yeah so, got like tickets for Volleyball World Finals...and I know you do not like sports, but I was still wondering if you would like to join me?" He asks.

My mind suddenly shifted to that Ushijima person. Was there any chance I shall be seeing him play? Will he recognise me? Was I even important enough that he will remember me? I can spill his secrets. I had so many questions. But it's just a muffin that he bought, and surely it won't end his career.

Ryan's confused face snapped me back to reality. "Ohh Volleyball...um I am..." As I was trying to reply.

Bunch of tall guys entered the shop. All the heads inside the cafe turned. Even people from the kitchen came out. I saw Marie taking off her apron and running to greet them.

"Welcome to Glace cafe. Thank you for choosing us. Your reserved table is this way..."

I saw an orange-haired cute boy, a charming blonde with an under-cut, a soft-eyed dude with face mask, a seriously fit man of African origin, a cute dark haired boy sipping a milk carton, a spiky with black and white shades of hair boy who looked extremely hyped.

A few other boys followed, a relatively short cute boy, a narrow-eyed cute boy, another handsome boy who literally looked like a cute seagull. And then my heart stopped...he was here too.