5

It was now 7 pm. The afternoon was over faster than I thought.

The day felt somehow pleasant. He would not leave my mind for some odd reason.

I heard an imaginary guitar and violins around me. I kept remembering the "thank you" he whispered. I think he is much kinder and shy. Maybe he isn't awkward, and maybe he tries to be careful. I don't know what was happening. I was overthinking about a stranger. Was he a stranger at all right now?

I saw Boss finally enter the shop.

"You still here?" He asks with a funny voice. I chuckled.

"You gotta stop with extra hours y/n" Marie joins him. I wobbled my head a little.

"I know, but this is my last semester, and I am not sure if I will be in the city anymore..." I say. Boss' eyes soften. Marie comes and hugs me.

"Anyway, I want to clean up the kitchen. Will had to run to pick up his daughter from practice. He was running late." I explained. Boss nodded.

"So, how was the day for the shop, and how was yall day?" He asks as he organised the shelves with new showpieces.

"Exhausting," said Marie.
"Awesome," I say. We both at the same time, and Boss laughed. Marie looked at me like I have issues since the day was hectic.

"Oh nooo..wait it was supposed to be today!! Japan's team ...omg Aaah" Boss realisation hit. I was confused, but I knew where this was headed.
"Don't worry, and we handled it. They were a bit chaotic, to be honest" I said.
" and cuteeee" Marie added.

"CUTE?" I asked, although I agreed I wanted to hide my blush away.
"Yes, like all of them. But I took a liking with the blondie" Marie said. Boss was now confused.
"Miya-san?" I say. Marie raised her eyebrows. "Since when did you know all their names?" I chuckle.
"wait y/n...you translated for them? Aah, I just realised you could speak Japanese pretty well" Boss acknowledges me.

"Thank god," I say sarcastically. Marie laughed.

"Boss she saved your ass...and girl you better introduce them to me if you know any of them," Marie adds. I made a comic face to tease her.

"Thank you...I was supposed to welcome them. It would have been an honour to welcome a national team of my home country." Boss explains. I could see little sadness in his eyes.

"It's okay Boss. They were saying they might visit again for another meal. I asked them to feel free and join us anytime" I added. Boss smiled and nodded. He gave me a high-five. Dude was so random. Marie was laughing as she explained something about a tiny funny kitchen disaster.

 I will definitely miss both of them.

"Guys I need a hug. I'll miss you guys." I end up tearing up a bit. As I got tons of head pats, I finally got hugged by both of them. They were the only true friends in this town.

"Ok ok.. let's get this place clean for tomorrow. Y/N take a break tomorrow." Boss commands. I tried to debate, but I decided not to. Maybe I did need a break. This week was an emotional roller-coaster. I have been feeling different kinds of emotions which used to feel irrelevant before.

Suddenly the shop's phone ring. Marie picks up.

"Hello Glace cafe, we are currently close-....Y/n this is for you" Marie in confusion.

I slowly take the phone, doubtful, "He. Hello..?" I say.

"Hi", the voice heavy and stoic as ever. It's him
"Is this Y/n? " He asks. My heart dropped. Why was he calling? Did I do something wrong? Was he angry at me? A million thoughts rushed into my head.

[Phone call]

"Yes," I spoke.
"Hello, This is Ushijima. I was in your shop a few hours ago with a couple of other guys. I...hello" He spoke. I was frozen. I did not know what to say. I have always been awkward with phone calls. He was trying to see if I still on the other side of the phone.

"I am sorry. You must get a million customers during your work. I am the...*ahem* the muffin person." He explains. I broke into a silent giggle.
"Hello?" He speaks again. His voice rarely varied, but somehow it was attractive.

"Yes. I am here. How can I help you, Ushijima?" I reply, I spoke his name softly, so Marie does not hear me.

"Thank you for remembering me, Ms Y/N" He replied. Of course, I'll remember him.

"I was wondering if I may visit your shop to buy another dessert. I am aware you will be closed now, so I guess I will come later.." he spoke. I look around the shop. I couldn't convince Boss to keep the shop open beyond working hours. Before Ushijima could complete... I spoke.

"What did you want?" I ask.
"Sorry?" He replies.
"What did you want to eat? I'll get it for you and bring it to you." I was straight to the point. I don't know what I was saying anymore. I thought he was confused too.

"That won't be, necessary," He asks.  I really wanted to see him for some reason.
"I won't be at work tomorrow," I report it.
"oh, I see." His voice was emotionless. Or maybe he was convinced now.
"I actually wanted the same muffin but different flavour for the whip." He replies.
"Got it. How many?" I ask.
"2" He replies straight-forward.
"Understood" I reply
"I will be waiting for you near the national stadium around 7:38." He instructs. His voice seemed serious.
"Ok, see ya" I dropped the phone before he could say anything.

[end of call]

Although the phone call felt super dry, my heart was still pounding.