29

After reading the letter, I ended up drinking too much water. I felt a huge burden lifted off my shoulder. I should have stopped lying to myself ages ago. He clearly never meant to forget me. With those thoughts, I prepared myself for bed. I had no tears left to shed; a sweet smell from the breeze engulfed my senses, and I quickly fell asleep.

The next morning, I went to work early. Mr Utsui wanted to talk to me about something.

"Hello",, I knocked on his office door and entered. He greeted me with a wide smile. He looked excited.

"WE going for OLYMPICS....!!!" He said aloud, raising his arms. I was taken back. I knew the firm was selected to help a national team for the Olympics, but I never saw myself as part of the team. This was a shock.

"WE?" I asked.

"Yes, we, I am hiring you, it seems...." He spoke.

"Wait, what...what?" I was confused.

"Your performance is higher than any other nutritionist. An intern outperforming regular employees, I couldn't let other consultation firms take you." He replied.

"GOOD LORD, WHat?" I was jumping. I was thrilled. At this point, I was really informal to Mr Utsui, and we were more friends than the regular boss-employee relationship. He reminded me of Boss itself.

"Congratulations, Ms Y/n" Utsui forwarded me my official employee card.

I bowed and thanked him.

"There's no better candidate than you for this job." He explained. I nodded. I was going to Japan. A million thoughts flooded my head. I knew fate had different plans. Maybe I cannot control my own orbit.

"You seem a little worried there, you good?" He asked me.

I nodded softly, "yes, and It's just... it Olympics its a major event of each sportsmen life. I don't know if I can do my best...I am scared, sort of." I say.

"Being scared is healthy. It means you're taking this job seriously. But we all believe in you y/n. You will be an important asset to the team." He spoke.

"I will send you all the details in the brochure. First, you need to talk to HR about your needs. They will send your information to the Japan Sports Association to assess it. You will be receiving your kit and assignments soon." He spoke

"Japan?" I stumbled.

"Yes," He smiles.

"I may be working in the US; I am still a Japanese man", He chuckled. I laughed.

"I see how it is, Mr Utsui. Don't worry. I'll do my best to support your country." I smile. It was true, and I was always drawn to the Japanese way of life and their ethics in every manner. It was a wonderful and honourable invitation. Suppose foreign coaches can train other countries' teams, why not a simple nutritionist. No matter the flag, the dignity of labour in all forms should remain dignified.

After a few minutes of chat, I left for my table to work. Due to my excitement, I forgot to think about other things.

Is there any way I was going to meet Ushijima? If yes. I cannot lie. I cannot wait. If not, that's okay too. But I am going to the country strictly for work. This time I hope he doesn't distract me. But, I wasn't apprehensive; we both remembered our promises; it seems.

The entire day went normal, as usual after I visited HR.

At the end of the day, I got my email.

I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. I had a feeling but.... he was right. I cannot push some people away.

xxxxxxx

AE 343 from Los Angeles will be arriving in Narita at 3:40 PM.

"Are you excited to meet your dad Ushijima?" Kuroo asked.

'Of course, he is ", Hoshi said.

Ushijima nodded. His stoic face made Hoshi just curious. Hoshi was more excited to meet the great legendary Mr Utsui. One is responsible for the strength of Ushijima.

"Cannot wait to meet the old lad," Hoshi spoke.

"That's my master. You're talking about it." Iwa joked.

"And he is not that old..." Kuroo said.

"He is," Ushijima replied with a stoic face.

Hoshi just choked on his drink, "Is this guy for real?" He asked Iwa and Kuroo. How can he call his father old? 

"I saw a few grey hairs when we called last time," Ushijima spoke, doing little movements with his hand above his hair strands.

Iwa's eyes twitched with shock; Ushijima rarely jokes. Kuroo just laughed aloud. Ushijima joking with a stoic face made no sense to anyone. Hinata chuckled.

"Anyway, act professional, Hinata and Hoshi. They are coming with an entire training team." Iwa spoke.

"What? I am always professional..." Hinata spoke.

" But it's exciting either way. We surprise Ushijima's dad. He must be delighted to see him after so many years." Hinata continued

Iwa nodded. Ushijima kept looking at the arrival gate.

"Oh yeah, I forgot. Jeez. I have to reintroduce myself to them in English..." He spoke.

"Not really; the ones coming are different people from different international firms. All of them can speak Japanese. Mr Utsui made sure of it." Kuroo replied.

Ushijima breathed in. He was glad his father could be beside him in one of the most important events of his life and his career—the Olympics.

But little did he know there would be someone else as well. 

hope u guys like it. I mean it was coming anyway if you all read the story's description. hahaha, drop me comments if you like the story so far. Excuse my poor grammar.