38

I took his palm.

Slowly placed the moon necklace on his palm. His eyes widened.

"It's yours." He said. I shook my head with a smile.

"It was. But it is yours now. You took better care of it. I lost it the day I wore it." I replied.

He smiles.

"Wakatoshi," I said.

He hummed.

"You know how to take care of things. It is okay to feel territorial if you have taken care of something." I said.

"I- ..." He spoke.

"Shh. You did take care of me. " I replied.

"I wish I can do more." He said.

"Time will tell. For now, remember the promise you made to me?" I ask.

He nods.

"But I need something after I complete the promise." He speaks.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Time will tell." He smirked softly. A similar answer irked me. I was not too fond of suspense.

I chuckled softly.

"Welcome to the team y/n." He said, putting forward his hands.

"Thank you, Ushijima Wakatoshi..." I shook his hand.

"See you at the gym tomorrow." I did a mini salute.

"I'll be at the court.." Ushijima smiled, softly jogging backwards.

I slowly walk ahead, bidding him bye, but before I could head to the door. My shoulder felt a soft tap, the next thing I knew.

Ushijima was hugging me.

"Just for few seconds.." His voice muffled on my hair.

I sadly smile. I needed that hug. I needed his arms around me. Last three years, all I thought about this hug. I softly raised my arms and rested my palms on his back, slowly hugging him back. Ushijima hugged me tighter after feeling my palms on his back.

His hands softly embraced my hair, stroking the back of my head, pulling me closed to his chest.

"I promised no distractions for you.." I sadly joke.

"Hugging you before I lose track of everything once this starts." He says.

"I am not going anywhere..." I say.

"Play your best. Every time you look away from the court, I'll be watching and cheering for you. "

"Promise me this time." He asks, still hugging me.

"I promise." little tears flowed.

He softly pulls away. His stoic nature was maintained, but I knew he gave up the demeanour when he hugged me. The Ushijima I know is the only mine. I understand now why he felt territorial about me. He gives me strength, and I gave him space to rationalise with his complex emotions. I wouldn't have any other way. We both were each other's comfort.

With that, we finally bid byes.

Today was the day I could forget about my work and hug him. But from tomorrow, for both of us. Real work starts.

Olympics preparations started.

xxxxxx

It was almost night. I woke up from my deep nap. I was exhausted, but now I felt refreshed. I hear the door unlock. Tiphanie entered. She was my roommate.