39

My heart stopped.

I clutched Tiph's hand as hard as I could. This is the end.

As the door opened. I saw Fukunaga. His eyes were wide opened. I think we scared him more than he scared us.

"Y/n-san? Tiph-san?" He mentions. He knows our name.

"You....You know us?" I whimper.

He nods.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I um..I...." I tried to answer.

"We got lost...." Tiph answered.

"huh?" Fukunaga just left more confused.

"Yes...we thought this was exit...." I reply.

"Ahhh, I don't blame you. The building is ancient. Doors look the same...well sadly you are in Mr Noir's room." Fukunaga mentions.

So that's his name. Mr Noir, you got some explaining to do.

"How do you know us Fukunaga?" Tiph asked out of nowhere. I thought the question was unnecessary, and we do not want him to suspect us further.

"Oh, Kuroo", he replied quickly and kindly, with a smile. He looked chill and kinder when he mentioned Kuroo's name.

"Kuroo-san?" I ask. He nods

"We friends from school, he helped me find a job in the sports- cafeteria. Sadly I am stuck under Mr.Noir..." He mentions with a little frown. Maybe Mr Noir wasn't kind to his staff.

"What don't we head...out and eat..like we were suppose to...y/n?" Tiph spoke nervously, trying to hint at me to get out.

I nod nervously. Fukunaga's eyes stayed focused on us.

"You both hungry?" He asks.

I nod.

"Oh then come with me, I am going to grab dinner with couple of people. Join us." He says.

I look at Tiph, who was unsure. But she nervously nodded. We decided if we better join Fukunaga and explain ourselves once the situation settles down. I hated to lie.

We both head out of the building. The city was crowded. We followed Fukunaga to the metro. We were supposed to meet at someone's place.

"Are you worried y/n san?" Fukunaga asks out of nowhere. My eyes looked shaken when he asked that.

"For..for what?" I ask.

"I don't like the Zeldians. They are weird on the surface, but I feel they are evil." He mentions.

I hummed. I wasn't sure what he meant, but I did agree on something dark with that team.

I couldn't hold the lie anymore.

"The real reason, I was in the office...." I tried to say.

Tiph held my hand, and her face warned me not to continue my words further.

I nodded softly, asking her to trust me. Fukunaga looked at us, confused.

"....Fukunaga. Japan's diet plan is missing in those files..." I got straight to the point.

Fukunaga stopped walking. All three of us just stopped in the midst of the busy crowd.

"I checked the files myself. Before giving to Mr Noir." Fukunaga mentions, his face looked distraught.

"Fukunaga, I think they are cheating...." Tiph adds.

"We cannot be sure...." I reply, still doubting.

"I remember giving the files of all the countries in Group A. Mr. Noir gave it back to me to staple the plans together. I didn't check the papers once he gave it back." Fukunaga explains, his face looked shaken.

"So who do we complain...?" Tiph asks.

"We cannot complain...." I reply. I look at Fukunaga.

"He is going to shift all the blame to Fukunaga.... Misplacing a country's entire diet plan. It is going to be a career-killer," I continue. Tiph looked distraught.

"And how do we explain ourselves that we entered his office without permission?" I reply.

"I am so sorry Fukunaga..." I explain. He shook his head.

"I am glad, you found out. It would have been more disastrous if I had to go through the blame alone." Fukunaga explains. He is right.

If we continue to provide meals and change the venue from the cafeteria to somewhere else, I can save the team and Fukunaga's career.

Fukunaga's eyes soften. He was about to cry a little. We realised if we misspoke, he might lose his jobs.

I look at Fukunaga.

"You're Kuroo's friend right?" I ask.

He nods.

"Then you are our friend too. We are in this together." I explain.

"Fukunaga, I'll help you and the team together I promise." I motivate him. Fukunaga looks up to me.

"How y/n san?" He asks sadly.

"I don't know. But let's do whatever we were doing. When the Olympics starts we might need to deliver and cook the food from somewhere else. We have to lie to the team. Need to change their diner venue to somewhere else." I explain.

"Hmm...do you know where we can tell them to join for the meals once everything starts?" Tiph asks.

"I know a place...." Fukunaga explains.

"Nekoma High school...." He explains.

"Nekoma?" I ask.

He nods. I didn't want him to explain further, as long it's somewhere near Tokyo.

"It summer holidays, the school will be closed until Olympic ends. We had a pretty big baking club that used a pretty medium size kitchen. it's functional. I may need to make few calls but I am very sure it's available. And it is near the stadium." Fukunaga explains.

"Ok awesome." I smile.

"But the equipment, the meal prep would take forever without regular groceries. The cafeteria is sponsored and privately owned. If we need to change, we need a private sponsor." Tiph explains

I frown. Who do we ask?

" I know someone who can arrange the equipment and sponsor us." Fukunaga spoke.

"You know someone that rich?" I ask curiously. Fukunaga nods.

Fukunaga picked his phone. He dialled a number. After few minutes of ringing..... the person picked

"Kenma?" Fukunaga spoke on the phone.