42

My heart stopped the moment he left. I did not know he had different sides to him, Although his words were inherently innocent, and so was he. I had other ideas in my mind.

I shook my head out of disbelief. I need to get back to reality. 

I quickly set my hair and went inside the house. I had few pairs of eyes looking at me. I saw Kuroo smirking and nudging Ushijima. Ushijima ignored it, but his eyes had a slight bit of tease as well.

I quickly got my arm grabbed by Tiph.

"y/n its a good time to talk to Kuroo..." She reminded me. Yes, I almost realised I need to tell him about the controversy.

I quickly walked to Kuroo, who was beside Ushijima. 

Ushijima ignored my presence coldly to my shock. But I was glad he had put me in an awkward place after our kiss. We weren't still precisely "dating" at the same time. 

"Uh Kuroo-san, may we talk for a bit? " I ask him doubtfully. He nods and places his drink on the table.

Kuroo walked off with me. 

I met Tiph and Fuku on the roof with Kuroo beside me.

"Whats up?" Kuroo looked worried. Out of fear and judgements, I was afraid to speak. I messed up big time.

Tiph came front and explained everything. I added more details as I got braver. I've never seen Kuroo so disappointed and sorrowful.

"I feel like I failed a manager..." He says.

"Don't say that...it was out of control for all of us. They literally sponsored 60% of the Olympics." I replied.

Kuroo nodded.

"Kuroo man, I am so sorry. I don't know I demanded to work for douche bags..." Fukunaga apologised.

" No, it's my fault. I wish I was more experienced. I was warned that politics were involved in the Olympics but I didn't know that they would be so insensitive and evil. But..." Kuroo spoke

"But what?" I asked.

"Why only Japan?" Kuroo wondered. I and others wondered too. Do they see Japan as a threat to their win?

"It doesn't make sense. Japan did not even reach semi finals last world cup..." Fukunaga explained.

"And last Olympics, rumours were that Zeldians intensely targetted ...." Kuroo eyes widened. 

"Argentina..." Fuku exclaims. We were all shook.

Wtf is Kuroo on about...I am scared now.

"Oikawa...!" Tiph mentions.

" They find Oikawa and Ushijima as threats..." Kuroo replies.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"It seems like, they don't like when an unpredictable player enters in national teams. Y/n they study everything about every country's national teams EVERYTHING! From Players to staff. Its quite creepy honestly." Kuroo explains.

"Unlike Ushijima, Oikawa was recruited as team vice-captain immediately for above 25 official national team after Argentina won under 25 3 years ago..." Kuroo explains.

"the feint...." I say.

"huh?" Kuroo was confused.

" I was there. Japan vs Argentina. Oikawa did a feint, Ushijima predicted it but he didn't comply to his predictions." I reply.

"Oh yes! Both showcased the skills. In the clips, we saw Ushijima's feet moving in front while resting of the team, everyone was shocked. Oikawa pulling a feint during match point was one of the most talked-about moments in the volleyball world. And Zeldians weren't part of that world cup..." Kuroo spoke.

"You mean to say, they have been studying Oikawa and Ushijima these last three years?" I ask. Kuroo nods.

"It seems like they find hard to read Oikawa and they know Ushijima is capable of reading all their tricks." Kuroo frowns with little shock

"Lord knows how many other players they are jeopradizing," I say.

"They might try to distract Ushijima, they will do everything in their power to do their little tricks. I mean c'mon who fucking does this petty shit with menu and diet uh..." Kuroo kicked the grass out of frustration.

"You knew they would do something like this?" I asked.

"I didn't want to believe the rumours but guess you opened my eyes. y/n don't blame yourself. We all had our doubts. The association is also a little uncomfortable letting them handle the venues for recreational and meal purposes," Kuroo explained.

As we fumbled on possible venues. Fuku's phone buzzed.

Fuku looked at it, and he raised his brows.

"Kenma's security here. He will be arriving in few minutes." Fuku said.

Kuroo smirked, "that bastard still has his ways huh."

"You should have told me you have asked his help", Kuroo grunted. His face told me something was wrong with his relationship with Kenma.

"Cmon Kuroo it was 5 years ago. You ought to realise that he is still Kenma." Fuku mentioned. Kuroo grunted again but later relaxed his face.

"I guess I'll listen to what he has to say about helping us." Kuroo replied.

I could see from the garden, near the driveway, a whole Benz drove in. Inside the car? Kenma was driving. He looked like a super-rich CEO. 

Kuroo looked at Fuku. 

"Ill come with you don't worry. Forget about the past for the next few weeks please." Fuku explained. 

Kuroo nodded.

I eyed the living room from outside; Kenma's entrance led into big chatter. Some people wanted to take photos with him.

I knew him in a way as I realised his face seemed familiar. He happened to be featured on international tv, a famous streamer who has his game studio—worked with sony, Nintendo etc.

He was a pretty boy. However, Kuroo felt hesitant talking to him.

"Fame changed this mf." Kuroo murmured.

"Kuroo cmon now" Fuku brushed it off.

 Fuku left the rooftop and entered the living room, where we saw Kenma. Kenma looked rich but chill at the same time. 

"I have a bad feeling about Kuroo and Kenma meeting.." Tiph worried me. I nodded little. The tension between Kenma and Kuroo was felt.

Fuku went to hug Kenma. Kenma hugged him back. The boys later followed, patting his back. Clapping. Kenma seemed to be the talk of the party. He was a celebrity at this point.

"The great Kenma has finally graced his presence." Yaku spoke. The rest of the boys made their silly little remarks.  Kenma chuckled. 

" Wait till Kuroo sees you..." Fuku spoke. Yaku's face dropped a little, so did others.  Kenma stopped smiling afterwards. The whole room got tensed. As Kuroo walked in, I followed him later. 

Kuroo murmured to me, "y/n", he softly said.

"hmm," I hum.

"Remind me not kill someone today." Kuroo spoke with a salient rage inside his fumbling statement. 

I wonder what went down between these two.

My eyes widened; it quickly shifted to Ushijima. Ushijima looked tensed too. Kuroo had a different aura.

 Kuroo had a different aura