68

The next day I woke up closer to the afternoon. I felt a little exhausted and felt uneasy inside my heart.

I heard a soft knock on the door. As I opened, three girls in similar uniforms rushed in.

"Ma'am, why did you open the door? All you had to say 'come in'", they reinstated. I felt confused with a sudden rush of extreme hospitality. I understood that Ushijima was from a royal family, but this was out of proportion.

"Ma'am, we have been informed that you will be attending today's lunch inside the Makoto's estate. We are here to help you get ready." They spoke.

"Oh right, but I thought it would be a normal lunch with the family." I spoke.

"Oh no, Ma'am. It is a lunch party. We have been instructed to help you get ready according to the household standards." They spoke, and I felt weird but agreed later on.

I took a shower. Later I was asked to choose between 15 dresses and not know which one to wear, and I tried them all. My hair was tied neatly into a soft bun with soft golden hairpins and a crystal that seemed to have natural diamonds along with it.

"A gift from Sir... ma'am...." One girl spoke. I quickly turned my hair towards the mirror and felt a natural smile across my face. Ushijima keeps on spoiling me.

Although I was enjoying this a little, I hoped my life wouldn't end up this way if I chose to live with him. I prefer both of us to be alone, away from the comfort I am currently being presented with.

After an hour later, I was done. Once again, I looked different. Something divine inside me awoke.

"Just like a princess..."  one of them spoke. I took the compliment and smiled, but something told me they were serious.

I later walked outside my room, and I saw Ushijima in a suit. I smiled, and he smiled back at me. His eyes looked tired, as if he needed sleep. I quickly walked towards him, and he held my hand immediately as if he was going to lose me.

"You alright? Your eyes seem tired.." I spoke.

"I am fine. Just need more sleep later..." he replied.

"Perhaps my arms can help you later with that...." I smile.

"I then shall wait for that chance." he replied sadly. I nod, looking away.

An expensive car came in, and we later sat, and it drove off.

I put my cheeks and leaned against his arms while he kissed me on top of my head.

Snuggling onto him, I took his cheek and kissed it. I truly felt so much love for him today.

xxxxxxxx

We later arrived at the party. It looked fancy and giant. It had tons of guests, and I realised it was filled with influential people and other noble families. The way people acted and conversed was proof that there was a different degree of mannerisms.

Ushijima and I walked, and I saw people greeting him. I heard few whispers as people wondered who I was.

I walked towards a group of ladies until I saw someone familiar looking. The woman looked like Ushijima's mother but had longer hair with grey curls at the end.

"This is my aunt, Makoto...." Ushijima huffed. His voice alarmed me, but I greeted him regardless.

Makoto looked a bit tensed but put on a freakish smile that made me uncomfortable in return.

I returned the favour.

"Y/n..." I greeted.

"oh my my....it must be you. How lovely you look today. I guess our household knows how to dignify the commoners...." She mentions.