71

Although heartbroken, tired, and traumatised, I felt I didn't deserve to self-pity myself.

I felt guilty ignoring Ushijima's call or Oikawa's effort to meet me. These boys worked their hardest to get here, and I couldn't let my emotions bother them nor their focus.

I quickly went to the gym to confront the issue before any of them started to worry or take things in their head before an important match.

Nonetheless, I had a different sight to see. Everyone was gathered. I could see the Zeldian team. Especially the presence of Thain and Sylas frightened me. I quickly hid behind a thin wall waiting for them to leave. I didn't need their taunts in my conscience. Regardless I did not see Ushijima.

After the situation was dissolved and I saw them leaving, I made my way towards the boys.

Upon seeing me, Hinata waved happily. They could see the snack boxes I was carrying. Few of the boys quickly came running to help, including Oikawa.

"Give it to me..." he spoke. I slouched a little to hand him one of the boxes. Rintaro and Hoshi took the other boxes, and both of them went ahead while Oikawa walked at my pace.

"You can talk to me you know. I am not certainly mad at you...." I spoke, looking ahead. Oikawa's eyes widened.

"Y/n I am so sorry, the way I spoke. I apologise. My words were insensitive...." He tried to explain.

As we kept walking, I found the large table for the snacks. We both quickly kept the boxes. Nonetheless, Oikawa's face looked apologetic. I took one of the juice boxes and threw it at him to catch, and he saw it immediately.

"So all forgiven?" He asks, confused.

"I was never mad. I just needed some time to think about the situation, before I make my decision who to trust." I speak. Oikawa nodded.

"Oikawa, you are one of my closest friends. I can never stay mad at you, no matter how insensitive you sound. I know your heart is clear, and you want the best for me and others as well." I affirm.

I slowly walk towards him. I take off my cap and put it on him.

"I know what you're going to say..." 'oooh Oikawa, don't worry about me. You focus on the game...play your best. Don't stress....' "He mocked me a little, and I gruffed because he was right.

"Goddamnit!" I say. He laughed.

"Trust me, Ushijima needs this more than me.." Oikawa spoke. Suddenly hearing Ushijima's name made my heart heavy.

I frown a little.

"I'll do just fine. Y/N...I don't mind losing gold this year." He spoke. I suddenly slapped his shoulder.

"Shut up... don't say that...." I say.

"Trust me...If we do win, then I would feel I should have deserved it. but the politics this year frustrates me." He spoke, and somehow I knew what he was on about.

"If not us, then definitely I want them to hold the trophy...." Oikawa pointed at the Japanese team.

Oikawa softly gives me a head-pat.

I keep looking down now.

"He is near the locker-room...." Oikawa suddenly spoke.

I look up and turn back near the hallway beside the court. I see Miya doing a little shook to signal the guys to leave the locker room.

Did everyone know what was going on? It is so embarrassing.

I look at Oikawa...

"They need their captain back y/n. Bring him back to them.." Oikawa spoke. I nodded.