47

It's been a couple of hours since the dinner. I was relieved; Ushijima was talking to me. I was still confused about how he was approaching the situation. His personality hot and cold. I kept telling myself, that he still cared for me. The situation was tricky. I shook my head and hit to take a shower. I softly later doze off to sleep that night.

I woke up, cause I slept early, around 9 pm. So I wake up at 5 am.

My stomach churned cause of anxiety. Today was the first match between Japan vs Zeldians.

I couldn't help but wonder how the match was going to be like.

I quickly took a shower. I wore my outfit for the day despite it being early and head out.

The sun was out and ready, but the atmosphere was misty.

I walked outside the hotel lobby and went to a conbini. I bought some food and decided to eat near a bench outside, watching the misty morning lift away.

From a distance, I saw Ushijima going out for a jog. I thought the boys were supposed to rest until the match.

I carefully observed him as he jogged away. I didn't bother to call out his name. I already felt weird about our relationship.

I hear a voice from a distance.

"May I sit?" I hear the voice say.

I quickly turn. It was a tallboy.

"My name is Victor." He spoke. He was a foreigner. But he spoke in Japanese.

"Oh I was about to leave...." I tried to get up.

"No sit, sit. I insist." he kindly spoke.

His hair was white. His body was slender and fit. I assumed he was one of the Olympians from one of the countries.

"You here for Olympics?" He asks. I nod and show him my badge.

"oooh nutrionist. You're one of the support staff. Important stuff." He chuckled. I looked confused.

"I thought you were one of the players." He said.

"hahha No. just one of those foreigner staff for a Japanese team....volleyball. Volleyball team.." I speak, completing my sentences randomly.

"That makes two of us...." Victor spoke solemnly. Later, he showed his badge ID as well.

It said "Coach. Figure Ice Skating. Japan Unit".

"Victor Nikiforov???" I exclaim.

He chuckled.

"You know me?" He asks.

" I think anyone who lived in Canada will." I said.

"Right!" He looked up at the sky, giggling a little.

"What Made you decide to be a coach in Japan?". I suddenly asked curiously as to why he wasn't helping his own country.

"Same as you." He replied. His answered startled me.

"I guess, faith and love...." He smirked.

"Huh..." I wonder.

"Aren't you famous Ushijima's special friend?" he asks.

"How do you know?" I stood up.

"Russians and Zeldians little friendly nowadays." He winked.

"This is making me uncomfortable." I spoke, unsure.

"Well, that's just simple old olympic gossip. Sportsmen and Sportswomen are celebraties in their own right when its Olympics. You might need to get used to those soon." He said.