18

"So tell me, y/n, how did I play today? I saw you today at the match.."

I stumble to answer. I didn't know what to say.

"You...played..well?" I answered it was more like a question.

Oikawa smirked, "so it was you, huh?"

I look at him confused and slowly nod with that same confusion.

"I am about to lose my mind..." Oikawa suddenly exclaim. I stand there.

"You are just too damn pretty...." Oikawa mention. Without knowing what to do, I just hummed a thank you. I see Iwa roll his eyes, implying that Oikawa does that to every other girl he meets.

"Be my date for tonight..." Oikawa says.

Iwa made an "oi what are you on about?"

"Date?" I asked.

"Yes, a date. The big party is for us players—the finalists. I heard every player got a date...you should be mine. You're even dressed, see?" Oikawa exclaim. I was now getting a little annoyed because I am not even sure where he was heading.

"I thought you had a date", Iwa spoke out of nowhere.

There was a silence in the room. My heart went to think about Ushijima. Is it the banquet he is talking about? He had a date?

"Nah, I didn't bother to see who to take. Too busy planning how to defeat that Ushijima..." Oikawa grunts as he mentions his name. And I thought they were friends.

"So what do you say y/n? Say yes...." Oikawa reaffirms. I look away, unsure. He was really persistent. Iwa doubted with his eyes, and it looked like even Iwa saw something new.

"I am not sure, Oikawa..." I fumble.

"If you want to deny the request, you need to give my jacket back now.." he says.

"I ... It's at home..." I say. Oikawa gives a sinful smile, "then you have to be my date tonight...I promise to make it fun."

Iwa shook his head, rolling his eyes.

"uh...ok.." I couldn't deny it. I am in no way going back home to get the jacket, plus he is technically my customer.

"Wooohooo...." He says.

Suddenly Kyla enters. " y/n...I am don—" She stopped. She was equally mesmerised by the presence of Iwa and Oikawa.

"Hello there,..." Oikawa waves with a kind smile. Kyla smiles back, awkwardly.

"Hi", Kyla replies, she looked shy.

"What do you say y/n's friend...Ummm? Oikawa walks to Kyla. Kyla was now confused too.

"Kyla.." Kyla gives her name to Oikawa's humming.

"Yes, Kyla..why don't you be my friend's Iwazuimi's date today?" Oikawa mentions.

"Oi wtf you on about you idiot?" Iwa calls out from behind.

"shhh..." Oikawa reacts to the remark.

"Huh?" Kyla reacts.

"Long story short, there is a party. The players bought their respective girlfriends or dates. But you see, Iwa and I are somewhat the same. We forgot females existed during the tournament." Oikawa exclaim. Kyla giggles a little.

"Oi.." Iwa tries to warn.

"Oh right, it's just him. Not me. " Oikawa gives a sarcastic smile. I rarely can think about whether he is acting genuinely or not.

"oh...um date? Oh ok. Sure I guess." Kyla says.

"Wow, we both have a date now. " Oikawa claps. I couldn't help but giggle. Despite being so tall and mature looking, he acted like a kid—the complete opposite of Ushijima personality.

"Ok, then we will see you guys down the hall in 30 minutes..." Oikawa exclaim, does a salute, and winks. 

As he walked, he turned behind to look at me last time. Time felt slowed down. He gave a sinful smirk as he took off his navy suit's blazer, his shoulders arms perfectly toned around his white sleeves. He had a very intimidating, scary presence now. His eyes spoke. You better meet me in 30 minutes. He felt sinful and a burst of sunshine at the same time.

"Oh, ok..." I hum. He swiftly walks off the door ruffling his perfectly imperfect hair.

Iwa came forward and bows and apologize, "I am sorry. He is sort of crazy. But thank you for agreeing to come with us. You don't have to if you don't want to. But we will wait for you two."

Before I could say anything, he heads off as well.

Kyla turns to me, "gosh, I didn't know volleyball players were hot?"

Trust me, Kyla, you will realise soon better when you see a certain someone. 

As they enter the hallway behind the kitchen doors, their whispers echoed back. 

I hear Iwa whispering to Oikawa,

 "What the fuck was that?" // "She is really beautiful.."// "You say that to every girl you meet..."// 

"She feels different.."