50

Warning: * kind of NSFW* at the end

(FYI  english not my first lang so I forgot the diff between muffin and cupcake lmaooo)

Somewhere near the stadium

"You want a win?" Ushijima glared.

"I guess thats our issue is..." Thain spoke.

"We are your issue we get it." Ushijima smirked. Thain got annoyed a little, but he equally was in the teasing mode.

"I heard your girlfriend is the daughter of the infamous....." Thain tried to speak. But Ushijima cut him off.

"Is it your country's hobby to dig up someone's past to get a win. Manipulation, mind tricks. I'm thinking you guys lack actual skills. " Ushijima smirked. Thain was irked.

"Well, that's our technique." Thain rolled his eyes.

"Your life was boring so we decided to pick on your woman." Thain continues.

"That's not technique. Its plain desperation." Ushijima chuckled, demeaning Thain.

"Keep talking and see what happens to your little soulful of a girlfriend." Thain warned. 

"You know we don't mind playing dirty." Thain reaffirmed. 

"Your desperation is funny..." Ushijima spoke.

" y/n can take care of herself..." Ushijima spoke. He tried to sound as confident as he can, but inside he worried about y/n.

" I suggest you worry about your own team." Finally, Ushijima spoke and tried to leave. 

"She is quite an item, your one..." Thain made an effort to irk Ushijima. He almost succeeded. 

Ushijima got his hands into a fist. He glared into Thain's soul. Even Thain took a step back.

He breathed out...

"Try to find a woman of your level...but I believe that is impossible because no woman can go lower as you..." Ushijima spoke.

Thain kept standing, contemplating on those sentences.

"Move." Ushijima coldly spoke. To his own surprise, Thain obeyed.

With that, Ushijima left. 

xxxxxxx

Now

They were right. It was a blood bath. 

Although both teams were scoring points, everyone in the stadium was terrified of Japan.

So that is formation -1!

I saw someone playing so offensively. Each hit felt like they were breaking the sound barrier. 

Each player played differently than expected.

Kageyama played less calculatingly, Yaku blocks were more calculative than defensive. Hinata would play mind tricks with the middle blockers. Bokuto didn't smile as he scored a point.  Suna stayed near the edges to get blocks while Aran, who was supposed to be a spiker, blocked the middle. Everyone was confused. This is not how Japan was expected to play.

Ushijima rotated his neck. His evil grin made me skip my breathing. He sucked on his fingers. The hits were so harsh, and his fingers had blisters on their own. But he didn't seem to be bothered. 

I was breathing heavily. 

The commentators also got lost when they saw how Zeldians were struggling to receive. Japan was playing dirtier than I thought.