63

With that, Ms Rei eyes gleamed with home. It was apparent that even Ushijima saw that she is getting better. I loved seeing hope in both of their eyes.

Although I wanted to leave them alone to reconcile, they refused to let me go alone.

"We are going home for abit. I don't mind driving back." Ms Rei spoke.

"It is evening plus you might be tired Okasan." Ushijima spoke.

"Home?" I ask.

"Miyagi." Both reply.

"I am from Miyagi prefecture...." Ushijima replies.

I made an oh sound. Not knowing where Miyagi was but assumed it was far from Tokyo.

"We can take the shinkasen...its 2 hours with train...." She replies. I was confused.

" I am not sure, y/n just got out of hospital. 2 hours might be long...." Ushijima replies.

"Awh I see..My bad. I just wanted her to see your baby photos and your memories...since Olympics is ending. You guys might get busy later...." Ms Rei explains.

"Okasan I don't think its a good idea—" but before Ushijima could finish, I cut him off.

"I am in." I grin.

Ushijima stoic face slightly changed.

"Perfect....because I already booked our tickets. Train leaves in an hour. No need to pack anything. You can borrow my clothes. But might get your meds with you though." Ms Rei explains.

I smiled kindly. After 10 minutes, I was already packing for our trip. I was excited to visit the little sights within Japan. Especially where Ushijima grew up.

Ms Rei waited in the car to talk to her friend while we packed.

I see Ushijima being lost in his thoughts. I softly touched his arms, breaking his daydream.

"Something's wrong?" I ask.

He quickly turns and gives me a soft smile and a head pat.

"Nothing..I am just glad you can see where I grew up. Just worried if the trip will be too much for you." he replies.

I shook my head. "I want to see your baby photos really.." I giggle.

Unexpected, but he pulls my cheek and leaves a kiss on my forehead.

"And you shall." He replies.

With that, we left the house with our relevant stuff. I still felt Ushijima was hiding something. However, I didn't want to push it.

We drove to the station and later got on the train. As the train started, I dozed off to sleep. I realised in the middle I wasn't sleeping on Ushjima's shoulder but rather Ms Rei.

I see her soft smile, and I softly see my mother's face instead with weak eyes. Although a little dream-like, I was glad I saw her a little bit.

We reached Miyagi after 2 hours. The ride was comfortable, and we rode in first class. I felt guilty, but Ms Rei assured me that guests must be treated in the Ushijima household.

As I stood out, I realised a chauffeur and everything was waiting for us.

I was confused.

I saw Ushijima's face being a little embarrassed.

"Lets get in. Mr Kanagawa has come to pick us up." Ms Rei spoke.

Royalty? I thought

As we rode to his house, I realise Ushijima was still looking down. I held his hands, every time to reassure me that he is fine, he smiled at me. But I still felt hesitant about his true emotions about this trip.