13

I cannot believe my dumbass heart feels confused about some guy who I just met 4 days ago. I am so used to it—the ones I like never like me back. I shall always be unlucky in terms of love. I got it that my standards often time was high, but I couldn't imagine myself falling for someone world-star sportsman.

Just because I know his little secret of him liking desserts? What is so big deal about it? Why do I push myself to be kind to people who are just going to be temporary in my life? I will follow Ryan's advice. I will be kind to my heart and stop falling for people who I barely know.

I haven't been in love since I broke up with my ex 5 years ago. I was never good enough or just too kind and plain. I had interests but never was interesting. Why do I need to fall for Ushijima Wakatoshi? I barely knew him. He barely knew me. Even if he did, he would wish if he didn't. 

As all these thoughts ran through my head. I walked slowly towards my cab. After a few minutes, I was home. I stumbled and walked towards the door. I push the keys and lazily open the door. Exhausted.

I quickly change into my pyjamas and sit on the couch. As I tried to relax and shut my eyes....

My phone rang.

xxxxx

Somewhere in the city....

Ryan walked and started his work. He looked at Will.

Someone tall came to the door.

"Hi, am looking for y/n?" He said.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi?" Ryan exclaimed.

"What brings you here?" Ryan asked. Ushijima narrowed his eyes.

"I am here looking for y/n. Is she working here today?" Ushijima asked.

"No, she is not," Ryan answered, straight forward.

"Oh, I thought she was with you today?" Ushijima replied.

"She was. She left early. Our date was ....shortlived," Ryan explained.

"Date?" Ushijima asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't like me that way, I guess..." Ryan's eyes ran through Ushijima.

Ushijima nodded as if he understood what Ryan meant.

"Why are you looking for her?" Ryan asked suspiciously.

"Nothing in particular. My teammates wanted to buy some desserts before our flight at midnight this Saturday night. Since she knows Japanese, I thought-" Ushijima tried to explain, but Ryan interrupted.

"Yeah, I know..." Ryan spoke.

"I would like to contact her if possible. Maybe.." Ushijima tried to explain.

"You may not," Ryan spoke. It irked Ushijima for some reason.

"You speak English fine... you can tell me instead or Boss if Japanese is really what you want," Ryan spoke.

"I am sure I do. But, I prefer Japanese for recipe instructions. I am aware your Boss is not familiar with the kitchen here. He just manages the store, so I guess y/n is the only fit for our orders." Ushijima rationalised.

"I see. Y/n told you that?" Ryan asked,

Ushijima nodded.

"Well, you gotta find another bakery for that then. Y/n won't be able to help you." Ryan informed, a little arrogantly.