Chapter 1

I run through the corridors of the Palace with a wide grin on my face. It has been three years since Team Avatar went our separate ways. I had sent letters to everyone through the years and I've heard responses from Mako and Asami however, Korra has not sent anything my way. At first I thought she really hated me after I let Zaheer take her, but when I brought it up to Bolin he had told me he hadn't heard from her either. At first I was worried, but then I realised that maybe she just needed to heal by herself.

Bolin had stayed with me at the Palace for seven months and I honestly loved every second of it. I showed him around Capital Island and showed him everything that the Fire Nation has to offer. And, as I knew he would, he fit in amazingly. Everywhere we went he would speak with people, learn about their lives, and he did it all with a smile. I mean he is perfect, he has adapted so well to being by the side of royalty. Though, his formal etiquette needs some slight tweaking. What surprised me the most is how friendly him and my grandfather have become. I mean, once they both interrupted my meeting discussing the pollution issues in the Jang Hui to show me their new handshake. I've never seen my grandfather so giggly before, yet Bolin has really brought it out of him.

However, after seven months I caught word of Kuvira's movements to restore the Earth Kingdom, and when I told Bolin about it I knew instantly he wanted to help her. He didn't admit to it at first, but I knew. Every night he would ask me if I'd heard anything new about what Kuvira was doing, and each night I'd try to convince him that he should go and help her. And after a couple of weeks, and some not-so-subtle disappointment from my grandfather, Bolin decided to leave to help Kuvira. It was hard to see him go, and yes, I might have cried a lot, but in my defence, he cried too. But things are okay. We call on the radio twice a week, and every other month I go to wherever Bolin is stationed to spend a couple of days with him. It's safe to say that we don't do much sight seeing when I visit, but hey, it just shows how much I've grown in our relationship.

I turn a corner in the corridor and feel excitable butterflies fill my stomach as I head towards the communications room. It's been three days since the last time I spoke to Bolin and I hate that I have to wait so long to hear his voice. But I know he needed to go. It was wrong for him to sit here with me when he needs to live his life without me for a bit.

I take a final turn to the communications room and stop when I see my grandfather standing awkwardly in the corridor. My eyes widen and he turns to me, smiling when he sees me.

"Oh, grandfather, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Ulazu, well, I was- I know that today-" he stammers slightly and I sigh.

"You want to speak with Bolin?" I ask knowingly and he looks at me in surprise that I've guessed it straight away.

"Oh, only if you want me to." He says and I laugh, shaking my head. I wrap my hands around his arm and guide him into the room. The three officers in the room turn when we enter and they smile.

"Lord Zuko, Princess Ulazu, are you needing to contact Bolin today?" The officer Noko asks and I nod.

"Please, I hope we are not intruding on business." I reply and Noko smiles and gets out of his seat along with the other two officers.

"Of course not, Princess Ulazu. Allow me to set up the channel for you." Noko says as he turns the dial on the radio and the other two officers leave the room. He smiles as he hands me the microphone and I bow my head.

"Thank you, Noko." I say as I slide into the seat and send him a thankful smile. He stands next to me as my grandfather joins my other side.

"You don't need to thank me." He says. I give him a final look before turning to the radio. I flick a couple of buttons as excitement fills my stomach and my smile naturally grows when I realise I'm going to be speaking with Bolin soon.