Chapter 35

A knock sounds against my door causing my eyes to snap open. I jump out of bed and quickly tug Bolin's green top over my tank top. I had removed Captain Shyra's jumper before getting into bed to rest and I don't think it's appropriate to put it on again. I rush to the door and open it to see one of the crew.

"Princess Ulazu, I'm sorry for disturbing you, but the airship has arrived." The man says and I nod. 

"Thank you, can I ask what time it is?" I question, wondering how long I have managed to rest for. I feel better, not as tired as before, but I want to make sure I've had enough sleep. I need to train, but I need to make sure I do it safely. 

"It's half past seven." He replies and I nod, thanking him as he walks away. How long have I been asleep for? It must be over an hour, maybe an hour and a half. That's enough sleep, I'm sure. 

I walk out of the room and head towards the deck quickly. I run my fingers through my hair, tugging at it as my fingers get caught in one of the many knots in my hair. I must have tossed around a lot in my sleep to have messed up my hair so much, but I really don't care at this point, I need to speak with Leiko. I take a deep breath as I turn a corner and my eyes land on Bolin who stands talking with Mako. The older man rubs his face, clearly tired and annoyed at his younger brother for waking him up so early. I watch them for a moment before sighing. I don't think I want to walk past them because I know Bolin will say something to make me reconsider my plan to train with Leiko, but the only way to the deck is past them. 

I groan to myself and release a huff as I start walking again, deciding that I need to just face the music. I don't want to avoid Bo, even if this is going to be a disagreement. As I get closer I hear their muffled conversation, but they stop at the sound of my footsteps and they turn to me. I smile at them, hoping that they would return it, and to my surprise, Bolin actually does. 

"Ula, how are you? Did you get some sleep?" He asks as I join the two of them. I watch my fiance closely, my eyebrow rising slightly with suspicion. 

"Umm, I'm good, yeah, I did a-a bit." I say slowly, preparing myself for the fight I know is coming, "I was told the airship has arrived. Are they on deck?" I ask him. His smile falters slightly but he inhales and keeps the corners of his mouth turned up. 

"Really? I didn't realise they were here, wanna go find them?" He asks and I frown as we begin walking towards the deck. Mako quickly leaves his room, closing the door behind him before following us. 

"Bo, are you sure there isn't something you want to say about this?" I ask him, my eyes never leaving his face since we had started the conversation, "anything at all?"

"Is that my top?" He asks as he looks down to me. 

"Yeah, that's okay, right?" I question, looking down briefly to see my shorts poking out of the bottom of his top before looking back at him. He smiles, wrapping his arm around my waist and leaning in to place a kiss on the side of my head. 

"Of course, besides, I think you look cute." He responds. My heart warms at his compliment, but I can't help but feel so confused. I was sure he was going to be angry at me. 

"T-thanks." I mutter as his hand moves across my back slowly before latching onto my hand. "And," I start continuing to look at him in confusion, "you have nothing else you want to say?" I ask and he shakes his head, looking back at me. 

"Nope," he says popping the 'p'. Mako groans from behind us before striding to join my side. I turn to him and immediately I'm met by his intense glare. 

"Nothing? Bolin, seriously? You just told me Ulazu is planning on getting Leiko to heatbend on her. How are you not saying anything?" Mako scoffs, and I can feel the anger radiating off him. I lick my lower lip and look to the ground, wanting to avoid his angry stare.