Chapter 37

Bolin's P.O.V.

"Uazu! Ulazu, what the hell!" I shout in anger as my eyes dart around the circle of fire desperately trying to find a way out. But of course there is no way out. "Korra!" I yell as I slam my foot against the ground, bending the earth beneath me up. I am shot into the sky, over the flames and I drop to the ground again. I groan at the impact, falling slightly, but ignore it as I look up to see Ula. Except I don't. She's gone, and so are the people that were attacking her.

"Damn it!" I yell. Of course she left, of course she fucking left.

"Bolin?" I hear Mako's panicked voice. I hit the floor in frustration before looking up to see him  running to me. I watch as he lifts his hands to remove the circle of fire and Asami runs to me and helps me up.

"Bolin, what happened? Where's Ulazu?" Korra asks as she frantically looks around.

"Izuk is here and they've gone after her." I tell them. Asami holds onto my arm tightly as she brings me to my feet and as soon as I'm up I turn to see their horror stricken faces.

"What? He's here?" Korra cries in panic.

"Where did they go?" Mako asks.

"I don't know, Ulazu surrounded me with fire and ran off!" I say in stress as my hands tug at my hair, "Gawh, she is such an idiot sometimes. She is such an idiot." I scream out, shrugging Asami's hand off my arm as I begin to pace.

"Bolin, calm down, we'll find her." Mako says. My head snaps towards him and I know he can see my rage within my eyes.

"Calm down? Seriously? She is going to get herself killed." I yell and Korra lets out an annoyed sigh.

"I'm not going to let them kill her. We're going to find her." She says, sounding just as stressed as me, but I can't for a second think that she is. I can't count the amount of times I've held her, freaking the hell out because she looks like she's about to breathe her last breath. She has thrown herself into too many fights with too many people trying to kill her. I can't handle this anymore.

"How, Korra? How are we going to find her?" I demand in anger. I don't think I've ever been this infuriated. I hate being angry, and I hate even more that it's Ulazu that's angered me. Why the hell would she run off?

"I don't know, just give me time to think about this!" Korra snaps growing angrier at the situation.

"Time?" I scoff, "we don't have any time, Korra. Find her, use your Avatar powers, or your spirit thingy, or find her with heatbending." Korra glares at me, but I'm too blinded by my own emotions to care about upsetting her. Usually I would care. Usually I would try and keep everyone calm to help us think clearly, but right now I can't.

"What Avatar powers? It doesn't work like that, Bolin!" She says with a sigh.

"Fine. Use the heatbending, just close your eyes and feel her heat signature." I say quickly taking a step towards her.

"I don't know how to do that, I've just started learning." She huffs which only seems to anger me more.

"Well do something! She always finds you," I scream out. Mako moves and puts his hand on my shoulder, pushing me away from Korra. I turn my head to my brother and he frowns at me.

"Calm down, Bro. Let Korra try." He says sternly. I growl in frustration and rip my shoulder out of his grip.

"Don't tell me to calm down, Mako. There was an army, a literal army, all trying to kill her, and now she's gone." I shout. I can feel tears burn in my eyes from the panic rushing through me. I really don't like Ulazu right now for doing this to me. I don't think she understands what it's like for everyone she runs from. I'm so sick of worrying over her, I'm sick of feeling this panic about not knowing whether she's alive or not. It's not normal to constantly be worried about her and I just want normal. Or as normal as I can get being engaged to the soon to be Fire Lord.