Chapter 15

I walk towards city hall quickly. I had hardly spent any time with the volunteer group before I was summoned to a meeting with the other world leaders. I'm not really happy to be intruded and I think I made that obvious, but I still find myself speed walking to meet them. I make my way through the corridors of city hall and push open the door to see everyone already sitting around the table. President Raiko turns to me and frowns as I move towards the free seat next to Wu.

"Thank you, Princess Ulazu, for finally gracing us with your presence." Raiko says and my brows furrow together as I stare at the man.

"Don't push me today, Raiko." I warn, crossing my arms over my chest. I can feel everyone's eyes on me, but all I can do is glare at the man opposite me.

"Okay, umm," Korra starts in attempt to ease the tension, "how's the evacuation coming?" she asks Wu. I let my glare drop from Raiko as I turn to Korra, and as I do, I catch Mako staring at me. His expression is one of sadness, but I can't think about why he could be upset. Maybe something was said before I arrived.

"Could be better. At this point we've evacuated almost... 18 families." Wu replies.

"Only 18? There are millions of people in this city!" Korra says sounding frustrated.

"I said it could be better." Wu says defensively.

"The problem is it's a voluntary evacuation and there aren't many volunteers." Mako says.

"Yes, and we all know that volunteers really don't help anything." Raiko mutters. I clench my jaw and shoot daggers with my eyes at the man opposite me. I sit up in my chair and I slam my palms against the table.

"Raiko, I've warned you not to push it." I snarl. He looks straight back at me and he sits up at my tone.

"I'm not pushing anything, Princess Ulazu. I am simply stating the facts. We need people to fight, not a random group of civilians." He says and my eye twitches in anger.

"President Raiko, Ulazu has already said that her army won't be taking part in this battle. We should respect her decision." Master Tenzin says from the head of the table. I give him a thankful look, but I soon grow angry again as Raiko speaks.

"Her decision is going to lead to more casualties!" Raiko says loudly.

"This battle does not include the Fire Nation. I have been kind enough to offer help to protect your citizens and you are not in the position to refuse it." I say trying my hardest to control my anger, but this man really doesn't help me stay calm.

"It's hardly any help." Raiko scoffs. A small burst of fire shoots from my nose as I stand up from my chair.

"Fine! Then I won't waste time here if it's no help. I will inform Fire Lord Izumi that you are in no need of the help we are willing to offer and we shall leave the city." I snap and I walk towards the door.

"Ulazu, please don't go. We need you." Korra says. I stop at the door and let out a dry laugh before looking at her.

"I guess you're the first." I mutter as I walk through the door and out of the room. I storm down the corridor away from the meeting room. I am so over everything in the city. I'm so angry at Raiko and my anger was already high from my argument with Bolin. So right now, I need to go for a long walk to calm myself before speaking with my mother.

I turn a corner and stop as I see Bolin, Lin, Su, and Zhu Li walking towards me. They must have been planning on joining the meeting I just left. My eyes meet Bolin's and we stare at each other as an awkward silence fills the air. I don't like it when things are awkward between me and Bolin because when I fall out with him I don't just fall out with my boyfriend, I fall out with my best friend and I hate it.