Chapter 4

After spending the morning speaking with the other world leaders and discussing how we are going to support Prince Wu in his transition to Earth King, it was finally time for me to face the music aka Wu himself. It's not as if I've been avoiding him as such, it's just I had other matters to attend to which coincidentally did not include him.

I walk towards the city hall where a large-ish stage has been set up for the coronation to take place. I hear Prince Wu's voice before I actually see him which makes me want to turn around and retreat back to the hotel however, Bolin holds onto my hand tightly, forcing me to carry on walking. Bolin has always been good to help me do things I don't want to do, sometimes it infuriates me, like when we were in the Fire Nation and he wouldn't let me cancel a meeting to discuss internal matters that really were not important. He just kept saying that I've been asked there for a reason and so I should show. But, no matter how annoyed I get, he is usually right about me needing to be there, even if I just need to be there so I know the comings and goings of the Fire Nation.

"Bolin, have you met Prince Wu before?" I ask him and he chuckles.

"Sort of? Not officially, Mako pointed him out when I arrived." Bolin replies and I nod.

"Well, you should know that he can sometimes be a lot to handle, but he is harmless." I say and Bo's head turns to me.

"You know him well?" He asks and I shrug.

"Whenever I was in Ba Sing Se with my mother or grandfather I'd have to spend time with him. He's nice, just a bit much from time to time." I explain and Bo nods before looking ahead again. Prince Wu finishes snapping at one of his helpers and turns in our direction. His angry face turns to a smile and he rushes towards us.

"Ulazu! Oh, it's been so long." Wu cries as he circles his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I take my hand from Bolin's and gently pat Wu's back as I look over his shoulder at Mako. I shoot him a smile which he returns before turning to his brother.

"Prince Wu, how are you? Excited for today?" I ask praying that if I carry on the conversation he will pull away. He moves his hands to my shoulders and draws back, continuing to hold me at arms-length.

"Hey, don't you always say we don't have to use formalities?" Wu asks with a raised brow and I give him a smile.

"Well, yes, but we both know you prefer it when you're called a prince." I say and he laughs.

"You're right. It just sounds so good." He chuckles, but he soon stops laughing and sighs heavily.

"It's a disaster, Ulazu!" He cries dramatically as he wraps an arm around my shoulder, guiding me towards the stage. "I mean, look at this. This is more your level coronation, you know, the level that no one remembers." He complains. I shoot my head over my shoulder towards Bolin and I can see him frown from what Wu said, but honestly it doesn't bother me. We've spoken about how we'd want our coronations to go and I have always said I'd want something low-key, and he's always said he wanted something big.

"Are they not letting you have your six hour long show?" I ask with a raised brow and his head drops.

"He's told you about it?" Mako asks and I turn to the firebender.

"Yeah, he's had his coronation planned out for years now." I tell him.

"And now they won't let me do any of it." Wu sighs as removes his arm from my shoulder and sits on the edge of the stage. "What's the point in-" he starts to complain again, but he stops when he sees that I'm still standing next to Bolin. He taps the stage beside him, eagerly waiting for me to join him and I sigh. I slowly sit on the stage next to him and look up at Bolin who gives me an amused look. "What's the point in having a coronation if it's not the one I want? We only have one coronation day, it has to be perfect." He whines.