Chapter 7

We make it back to Republic City and I smile as we head towards Asami's mansion. Her new home is huge, much larger than the home she had three years ago, and I know she has done so much work to be able to afford something like this. I walk behind the others as they climb the steps towards the building. I don't know why I'm walking slower than them, I just have a lot on my mind. I am still upset about Bolin and I'm worried about him. I have no idea what he's doing at the moment, and I'm honestly so scared that Kuvira is going to get angry when Bolin sees what she's truly been doing. I sigh to myself as we continue walking and I can't help but have that small thought in my mind which I've been trying my hardest to ignore. What if when Bolin finds out he joins Kuvira's side?

We walk towards the doors and the others stop and wait for me to join them. I notice them all give me a soft look, but no one says anything. Wu looks up at the building and lets out an impressed whistle before leaning towards Mako.

"Nice digs, Mako. You didn't tell me you came from money." He says as he turns his head to his bodyguard.

"I don't. This is Asami's place," Mako replies, "She was nice enough to let my family stay here after they fled Ba Sing Se." I haven't visited them since they've been here. They all came to the Fire Nation for a week whilst Bolin was staying with me and they seemed to enjoy it, but Yin didn't want to impose even though I tried to tell her she wasn't. I love Yin, I love all of Bolin's family. They're all so down to Earth and are so friendly. They're not like my family, and as much as I love my family, it's a different atmosphere with them, things are always a lot less serious.

The door opens and Yin appears, and instantly I see her wide smile. My spirits lift when I look at her and I allow my thoughts of Bolin leave my mind; not completely, but enough for other thoughts to fill my mind as well now.

"Mako! It's so wonderful to-" she gasps as her eyes land on Wu. I smile slightly and gently push Wu towards her. "Are you-" she begins to stammer.

"Yin, this is Prince Wu." I introduce to her as I take her hand and guide her towards Wu.

"He needs to stay with you and the family for a little while." Mako begins to explain. Yin's gaze flickers over to me and I give her an encouraging nod before letting go of her hand. I stand behind her and give Wu a sharp look. He looks at me for a second before returning his attention to Yin and he smiles.

"It's an honour to meet you, Grandma Mako." Wu says as he kneels down and takes Yin's hand. He kisses her hand and as soon as he does Yin faints. I move quickly and catch her and I chuckle softly. Wu is going to be just fine here whilst we deal with the Kuvira situation.

"She loves royalty." Mako mutters and I notice Wu's smile widen.

"I think I'll fit right in here. Thanks for looking out for me, Mako." His face then drops. "Now, where's the nearest bathroom? I have been holding it all day!" He yells. I roll my eyes and look to Mako.

"Can you help me with your grandmother?" I ask him. He nods and takes her from my arms as we all walk into the building. I smile at the rest of Mako and Bolin's family.

"Princess Ulazu, it's good to see you again." Bolin's uncle, Chow says as he brings me into a hug. I sigh and hug him back tightly.

"Chow, please call me Ulazu." I say and he laughs as I let go of him. I turn to Bolin's cousin, Tu, and pull him into a hug. He smiles widely as I embrace him and he immediately returns it.

"Dad's right, it's really good to see you." Tu says.

"It's good to see you guys too." I say honestly as I let Tu go.

"Where's Bolin? Is he still helping to fix the Earth Kingdom?" Chow asks and I nod.

"Yes, he is. I'm not sure how long he's going to be helping Kuvira, but I'm hoping that he'll be back soon." I admit and Chow gives me a sympathetic look.