Chapter 9

Bolin and I walk to Air Temple Island hand in hand as the evening breeze sets in. The sun has started to set over the horizon leaving the sky to be warmed by the bright orange glow of the sunset. I love it here, I honestly do. I think I would have much rather stay here than the hotel.

"Pab-pabs, where are you?" Bolin calls out as we walk along the path. My head moves around as I look up to the trees.

"Are you sure he will be here?" I ask.

"He has to be, I-I can feel it." Bolin says as he calls for Pabu again. I turn away from the trees and put my gaze on Bolin as he looks around. I know that he's been put through hell these past weeks, but it hasn't affected how he looks. His jawline is cut perfectly and his skin seems to shine in the sunlight. My heart flutters as I admire him and I find myself falling in love with him all over again. He is honestly so beautiful, I don't understand how people can look at him as if he was anything but beauty. As if Bo can feel my gaze he turns to me and he frowns slightly.

"Look at me in your own time, we need to find Pabu." He says and I laugh softly.

"Oh, trust me. I will." I say as I shoot him a wink. His eyes go wide and I smirk slightly before looking ahead again. I look up to the trees to try and find the Fire Ferret, but before I can look properly, Bolin tugs on my hand, forcing me to turn around and face him. He leans down and kisses me passionately. One hand remains firmly attached to mine whilst the other snakes around my waist bringing my body into his. My breath gets caught in my throat for a split second before I find myself melting under his touch. I let my hand move up his chest, moving to the side of his face. I draw back and he leans in again, obviously not ready for the kiss to end. I move my finger to his lips and push his head back slightly.

"Nuh uh, we need to find Pabu." I smirk and turn away from him again, walking out of his grip. I can tell that he's pouting behind me, but he soon joins my side and calls for Pabu again. I hear a faint chirp behind us and I take Bo's hand to stop him from walking. He stops and turns, and as soon as he does his face brightens up.

"Pabu!" Bo cries as the furry creature jumps down from the tree and into his arms. I smile widely as Bo spins them around. Pabu chirps happily as he snuggles into Bolin's chest. "Oh, have I missed you!" Pabu jumps out of Bolin's arms and climbs onto my shoulder. I immediately start stroking his fur, my smile continuing to grow.

"Hey, Pabu. It's good to see you buddy." I say. He wraps his tail around my neck and I feel his fur tickle at my skin. Bo sighs happily as he looks at us which causes me to look away from the Fire Ferret to my boyfriend.

"Right here is all I need. My best friend and my love." Bolin smiles. My heart warms and I can feel colour rush to my cheeks.

"The question is," I start turning to Pabu on my shoulder, "which of us is the best friend, and which of us is his love?" I question with a smile.

"Oh, ha ha." Bo says as he rolls his eyes and closes the distance between us. His arms wrap around my waist as he holds me. I grin up to him as I once again run my hands up his chest. He runs his tongue over his lower lip as he looks down to me. "Would you like to go on a date with me?" He asks. My eyes widen at his question and my grin turns into a sincere smile.

"I would love to. Do you want to, umm, I don't know, change first?" I ask. His eyes drop from me to his messed up Earth Kingdom uniform and he lets out a small chuckle.

"Right, yeah, maybe I should." He says. I take his hand before placing a quick kiss upon his cheek.

"Come on, I'm sure your cousin might have something you can wear." I say as I start tugging him down the path back towards Asami's mansion.